Hacking Should I play Deadly Creatures? This thing is will break my Wii

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, over time my Wii has had more and more trouble reading Brawl, until recently I couldn't get it to work at all, so something must be affecting my laser in some way.

QUOTE said:
And that's the point. Are you going to steal a car if you don't have enough money to buy one?

Most people are thinking, software-piracy isn't criminal. Why? Cause it's sooo easy... just download and burn.
I don't want to teach you... really not... but your arguments SUCK! Sorry...

Morality-wise, stealing and piracy are the same thing. But the fact that if you steal something physical another person will have to lose the object, whereas with software piracy you are merely copying makes it not seem so bad. At the end of the day, if someone can't afford something and they merely copy it (which isn't doing anyone else harm), it's completely fair enough. The devs aren't losing out, because the person would never have bought the game if it weren't for piracy, the person is just getting some fun out of it.
Let's take a real-world object and make an example out of it. If you were driving along in your car and a tramp saw it, but instead of taking your car just copied it (yes it's not possible, but theoretically) you wouldn't nearly be so bothered.

QUOTEOh yeah, very easy in his country ! Come on guys, stop thinking everyone lives in a wealthy country ! Do you realise the luck you have to live in the USA or in the European Union ? In macedonia, unemployment rate is 37.2% ! Poverty : 22% ! And no, it's not because people are lasy there...
Yeah, totally agree, getting a job would be near impossible in those conditions.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Trolly said:
Well, over time my Wii has had more and more trouble reading Brawl, until recently I couldn't get it to work at all, so something must be affecting my laser in some way.

The original or a copy?

Stephanie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D-Jay said:
Tetram said:
D-Jay said:
Do some work, get money and buy.

mad.gif

Oh yeah, very easy in his country ! Come on guys, stop thinking everyone lives in a wealthy country ! Do you realise the luck you have to live in the USA or in the European Union ? In macedonia, unemployment rate is 37.2% ! Poverty : 22% ! And no, it's not because people are lasy there...

QUOTE(Stephanie @ Feb 15 2009, 01:13 PM)
Not everyone has money. If I had enough money, I wouldn't pirate.

btw, why convince someone to buy games on a "Wii Hacking" board? lol gtfo!
moogle.gif

~Steph

And that's the point. Are you going to steal a car if you don't have enough money to buy one?

Most people are thinking, software-piracy isn't criminal. Why? Cause it's sooo easy... just download and burn.
I don't want to teach you... really not... but your arguments SUCK! Sorry...

@stephanie: What has hacking got to do with piracy? NOTHING!
Maybe I would steal a car. How would you know? If I needed to get somewhere and didn't have a car, I'd buy a cheap car. There are no cheap Deadly Creatures etc. Sorry, but if you asked me to stop driving or don't steal a car, I'd say sure. Though I am a gamer and need my fix. If you told me to quit gaming because my love for gaming is the same as for a car, I'd tell you that your arguments SUCK! yourself.
lecture.gif

And Hacking has everything to do with piracy as long as the advancement of Wii homebrew continues and as far as this forum is concerned. Please don't tell me that there's one thread on the Hack Boards that has to do with how much work a person went through to play Bible Quiz and how they wouldn't need anything other than that, cuz I seriously doubt it.

WhiteWingedKnigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
klyick said:
Anakir said:
This is why you buy it and don't pirate it. Buying the actual game allows the laser to be at a lower stress level because of the company's DVD quality.

Ok, looks like I have to interject. No offense, but the laser in the Wii is not "stressed" by playing different media.

Quite frankly, you could run the laser continuously while you had your wii on, and you would not notice the difference. There have been exactly zero correlations between laser use and Wii failure.

Of course, this makes perfect sense given the fact that lasers are solid state hardware.

In summary, it's a frigging myth!

It seems to be a myth, I've been playing World at war eveyday on my wii, and that thing is constantly loading very second, and my wii is perfectly fine.

Raziel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol hell i am a business owner in the USA and still can't afford alot of things i want. well i do have alot of things i want but i am at my limit of the things i can afford and want lol. but i do own all my wii games that i have copies of. i have 5 kids that don't know how to put games up so i have to protect my investment. have you tried burning at 10x on the verbatim dvd-r? i burn all of my backups at that speed with imgburn. i wish i was having the same problem so i could debug the situation but unfortunately i am not. everyone have a valentine yesterday?

Holt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiivolutiion.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Brazil
micahkanchan said:
Holt said:
man, 10x is too high speed, just burn at 4x, i burned all of my games including Deadly Creatures, at 4x speed.
Does it really matter what speed you burn it at? I burn all my stuff at around 8x. Is that bad?
well.... it's one of a few things that matter
when you're burning a game, doesn't keep a lot's of programs running, when i'm burning a game I just let IMGBrun running and i gonna play any other game on my wii, untill the burning process is finished

Stephanie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People should really burn at the slower speeds. You'd get better results and it'd be easier for your Wii laser to detect info. Plus, waiting an extra moment to get a burned disc that is more reliable would save you the time if something didn't work out.

{edit} spelling

~Steph

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
micahkanchan said:
Holt said:
man, 10x is too high speed, just burn at 4x, i burned all of my games including Deadly Creatures, at 4x speed.
Does it really matter what speed you burn it at? I burn all my stuff at around 8x. Is that bad?

Not if your disc is working fine.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is definitely something different about burning this game and the way it needs to be read by the Wii. I burned 2 copies on my gf's computer at 4x speed, along with a few other games, but this is the only game that is making my Wii seem to have to access the disc more.
unsure.gif

Holt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
D-Jay said:
micahkanchan said:
Holt said:

but wii's optical unit will suffer a little more to read the game disc

Stephanie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holt said:
D-Jay said:
micahkanchan said:
Holt said:

Brazil wins! Flawless Victory!!!

~Steph

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
wtf at people trying to argue that I shouldn't be pirating.....some of you people can't even begin to understand how things work outside your rich, high income countries so don't apply your values, rules and way of living to the entire world.
Over here piracy is more or less part of our culture when it comes to these things, no sane person would buy a 50 or 60 euro game when we make 250 euros a month on average and when the country has no established video game industry.

The only time we buy original games is when we absolutely have to, like MMO's and other online games.

Thanks to piracy my country has never been behind on games, movies, tv shows and music, if it weren't for piracy we would've been stuck in the friggin stone age now.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Holt said:
D-Jay said:
micahkanchan said:
Holt said:

I'm not sure if that's true.

-btw- I always burn my Backups with 2x or 4x. Just test-discs 8x.

Holt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
Shinigami Kiba said:
wtf at people trying to argue that I shouldn't be pirating.....some of you people can't even begin to understand how things work outside your rich, high income countries so don't apply your values, rules and way of living to the entire world.
Over here piracy is more or less part of our culture when it comes to these things, no sane person would buy a 50 or 60 euro game when we make 250 euros a month on average and when the country has no established video game industry.

The only time we buy original games is when we absolutely have to, like MMO's and other online games.

Thanks to piracy my country has never been behind on games, movies, tv shows and music, if it weren't for piracy we would've been stuck in the friggin stone age now.
you're not talking with me aren't you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.