Hacking Should i open my pstv now

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the walmart lego pstv bundle that i have yet to open . i do not have a ps3 to activate . will i be able to open it and update it to 3.60 to use the latest exploit. With out a ps3.

Also once i get a psvita and exploit that. would it be possiable to use 1 memory card on the pstv and psvita. So when im out i can play the vita. Then whennim home play the same game etc on the ps tv?

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the walmart lego pstv bundle that i have yet to open . i do not have a ps3 to activate . will i be able to open it and update it to 3.60 to use the latest exploit. With out a ps3.

Also once i get a psvita and exploit that. would it be possiable to use 1 memory card on the pstv and psvita. So when im out i can play the vita. Then whennim home play the same game etc on the ps tv?
Yes, you can activate on 3.60.
Note that currently, 3.60 lacks a native PSX emu or ePSP exploits, only HEN homebrew and VHBL homebrew.

A memory card can be shared, but as the card records the version it's used on, both units would need to be on the same version.
You can do manual updates, so as long as your theoretical vita comes on <= 3.60 you're fine.
Note that changing the card requires a reboot.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but since we're talking about PSTV, can I use more than one memory card per device?

EDIT: nevermind, I found out I actually can :D

Last edited by guisadop,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Just so any of you know a lot of the old and new games out for the vita will never work for the pstv, so yeah I don't see why people want to have the device.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so any of you know a lot of the old and new games out for the vita will never work for the pstv, so yeah I don't see why people want to have the device.

There is a whitelist hack that makes all games work, of course some games that need things like the camera to advance some game section will get you stuck, others that have rather optional touch features will work just fine.

Reactions: zfreeman

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a whitelist hack that makes all games work, of course some games that need things like the camera to advance some game section will get you stuck, others that have rather optional touch features will work just fine.

I thought the pstv uses older hardware than the vita in order to run games, I guess it uses the same hardware as the vita.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the pstv uses older hardware than the vita in order to run games, I guess it uses the same hardware as the vita.

Same hardware, PS TV is basically a Vita without a screen, games are blocked via software due to several, more prominently compatibility and licensing issues (Sony licensed Vita games to ran on a handheld device device, since PS TV is a different product, with a different name and basically a console means that they cant simply make everything available without getting sued by devs for breaching their own contracts).

Now is the perfect time to pickup a PS TV for $30.

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple months ago my Walmart had 10 Lego bundles for $30 so I grabbed one. Some people asked me to help them get a bundle to ship to them. I went back the next day and the lady said that one guy had come in and height steady 8 of them

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple months ago my Walmart had 10 Lego bundles for $30 so I grabbed one. Some people asked me to help them get a bundle to ship to them. I went back the next day and the lady said that one guy had come in and height steady 8 of them

For $30 a piece I would have bought all 10 of them, the new PS3 controller covers the whole cost lmao

Isaac

American
Trophies
Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
XP
Country
United States
Same hardware, PS TV is basically a Vita without a screen, games are blocked via software due to several, more prominently compatibility and licensing issues (Sony licensed Vita games to ran on a handheld device device, since PS TV is a different product, with a different name and basically a console means that they cant simply make everything available without getting sued by devs for breaching their own contracts).

Now is the perfect time to pickup a PS TV for $30.

That's the first time I've heard it explained that way. At first I was a bit upset with sony because of the incompatibilities, but I guess it's not really they're fault is it? Sorry that's a bit off topic.

A bit more on topic, NewEgg has refurbished PSTV's for $30 right now

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the first time I've heard it explained that way. At first I was a bit upset with sony because of the incompatibilities, but I guess it's not really they're fault is it? Sorry that's a bit off topic.

A bit more on topic, NewEgg has refurbished PSTV's for $30 right now

It's really ironic that some people asked in Sony's blog about specific games and Sony said that unafortunately compatibility issues were keeping those games from coming to the PS TV, fans went to the devs twitters and inquired about this and when made aware some devs themselves released quick updates for the games to make them PS TV compatible... Which blows Sony's lies on these games being totally uncompatible... Hell some games that had gyroscope and camera only controls were tweaked to include some way to pass these parts and be PS TV compatible!... Yet some first party games like Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush that can be played %95 with standard controls never made it to the PS TV because of "compatibility issues"? How's that not Sony's fault? :glare:

Some devs didn't release updates because they saw no real profit working a minute in their old games for these system that was doomed on release while they had moved on and were working on other stuff.

But this is Sony's fault too because they totally neglected reaching out on these devs to work things out, there is a lot of PS Vita games that work just fine without compatibility issues since "special controls" like gyroscope are optional when the whitelist hack is enabled.

Apps such as youtube and netflix were already available on vita and not on PS TV, why? Because Sony didn't bother to reach these companies to work on a deal to license them!!! Being unable to use these 2 apps gave a huge blow to the PS TV, you tell me how this is not Sony's fault...

Sony did something 20 times worse to the PS TV than what they did to the Vita, they killed it within a couple of months, thus is a great proof that piracy didn't kill the PSP as Sony blamed them. (Sorry that this became a rant, but I LOVE my vita and it makes me mad all these stupid Sony's decisions that killed it).

@jimmyleen in other news, 3.60 whitelist is available already :grog:

http://wololo.net/2016/07/29/re-enable-pstv-whitelist-3-60-ps-vita-henkaku/

Since I want to keep my 3.20 PS TV there for current TN-X/TN-V installed hacks I ordered a refurbed PS TV from amazon for $30 to use the HENkaku exploit (the sad part is that the memory cards cost more :sad:)

Reactions: aenoch and satan89

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If any one is still fallowing this. Im planing a head. And trying to download a psp demo just incase i need it. But i cant find any. I tried one of the god of wars. And 2 others. And got a error saying. Not for your system.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
If any one is still fallowing this. Im planing a head. And trying to download a psp demo just incase i need it. But i cant find any. I tried one of the god of wars. And 2 others. And got a error saying. Not for your system.

I think Ape quest is the only available demo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16