Hacking Should i mod mi WiiU? (BotW related)

Makor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there! First post here but I've been lurking for a few days now.

I recently prepurchased Zelda BotW for my WiiU because I want to support the game and basically play it at all costs. However, I sold the rest of my games in hopes of being able to mod mi WiiU and play them that way, but I'm unclear about how to reach this.

I've read that loadiine is a faster, safer method but more tedious to use that doesn't void my warranty (which the WiiU still has for a year), but it will break if a new update comes out (possibly with Zelda).

Also, I'm not sure about how Haxchi works. Is it like arm9 for 3DS where I just get the games on my Home Menu and have them forever? If so, is there any reason not to mod it this way even if im 100% going to update for Zelda (cause I will own a copy). This way I could play Zelda and have all the other games ready as well (assuming I could update which I'm not sure of either).

I just want to play WiiU games and that's it. I already own a GC, Wii and N64 with the games I want so I won't be using vWii anytime soon (maybe if I want to make a super Wiiu in the future but definitely not now).

What would be the best approach?

Thanks!!

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If Zelda BofW dont come with a system update, or even Nintendo realeses a new update needed for playing the game that block the exploits, you are safe even using Haxchi and installing games into your Wii U, or even using Loadiine. None of them modify your entire system, only a game/app or something like that.

Haxchi basically is a hack injected on a purchased (and legit) game. That inject modify the game app into a other app that have multiple uses, like booting redNAND, launch Homebrew Channel, signature patches (that give you access to things that need signatures, like DLCs, eShop Games and Virtual Consoles). This just modify a game, not your system.

Using Haxchi to launch Homebrew Channel, you can access Homebrews, and some of those are Loadiine, or Wup Installer.
The first one I never used, but I think it's the same as Wii, that uses ISOs files or something like that to emulate and run games like a physical disc on your system.
I'm using the Wup Installer method (aka Brazilian), installing games directly to my system memory (actually a external HDD)
The only thing that could avoid your warrant (I GUESS) is only if they could scan you whole system and check those games, how they are there and how they were installed, but I doubt they would do that.

Someone corrects me if I'm wrong.

Via Tapatalk

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
If Zelda BofW dont come with a system update, or even Nintendo realeses a new update needed for playing the game that block the exploits, you are safe even using Haxchi and installing games into your Wii U, or even using Loadiine. None of them modify your entire system, only a game/app or something like that.

Not true, Nintendo could (and almost certainly) block haxchi (or any other exploit) if a system update did come out. even more, they could (but highly unlikely) detect that you're using them and block your system/account.

The only perfectly safe option is wait and see what happens then.

For comparison, haxchi is a secondary exploit much like oothax on 3ds, the difference is pretty much no body uses oothax since there are so many other options, but for Wii U there is only browser exploit and haxchi.

There is no such thing as A9LH on WiiU.

Last edited by JimmyZ,

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not true, Nintendo could block haxchi(or any other exploit) in a system update.

The only safe option is wait and see what happens then.

For comparison, Haxchi is a secondary exploit much like oothax on 3ds. There is no such thing as a9lh on WiiU.

I said that on the first paragraph. Any hack is safe until a update that blocks it, but on longer words using Zelda as an example.

Via Tapatalk

Last edited by gutoblauth,

Makor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I think I will pass on modding for now and wait if there's actually a new version coming out. I probably don't mind waiting until we can mod the new version anyway since I'll be playing Zelda.

I'm open to new opinions though, since I saw that post about getting haxchi up before they could patch it and I'm still not 100% certain about what I said.

Thanks everyone!

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not true, Nintendo could (and almost certainly) block haxchi (or any other exploit) if a system update did come out. even more, they could (but highly unlikely) detect that you're using them and block your system/account.

The only perfectly safe option is wait and see what happens then.

For comparison, haxchi is a secondary exploit much like oothax on 3ds, the difference is pretty much no body uses oothax since there are so many other options, but for Wii U there is only browser exploit and haxchi.

There is no such thing as A9LH on WiiU.
Haxchi is more more like menu hax and boot ctr9 than lot hax

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Alright, I think I will pass on modding for now and wait if there's actually a new version coming out. I probably don't mind waiting until we can mod the new version anyway since I'll be playing Zelda.

I'm open to new opinions though, since I saw that post about getting haxchi up before they could patch it and I'm still not 100% certain about what I said.

Thanks everyone!
Don't pass on it, haxchi is the way to go if I am right it stops system update, but it hasn't been tested as no new firmware has been released

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aside from all the update blocking I've had in place at my router and using specific DNS servers on the Wii U itself. I've recently just outright disabled the internet connection settings on my Wii U until after BotW comes out. I'm sure someone before me will try to play BotW within the next couple of weeks and post any potential update related information here, and I'm pretty hopeful that the community will come up with a quick solution to whatever half hearted attempt that Nintendo makes at defeating piracy/homebrew, if they even bother at all.

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Thanks everyone!
Try Haxchi, is a easy setup and nothing to worry about.
Try a couple of games until Zelda comes. It's less than a month, you won't going to play much until there, and if you lose something it will be only the hack, until it have an update

Via Tapatalk

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
haxchi and oothax both rely on a specific game (or specific set of games for haxchi to be precise), menuhax doesn't.
True but I'd say it is like a combo of the two as it installs for a certain a game like lot has but then functions like menu hax with auri nand

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting a switch and switch version of BoTW(European L.E so no case, map etch that the American master edition has), however thinking about hacking my Wii u.

I have 3 Wii u digital Wii u games and 4 Wii "VC" games, do any of the hacking methods risk losing your games/saves or the nnid/eshop access to be able redownload them legitimately?

Last edited by fowler002,

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks everyone!

There's no such thing as a ban on the Wii U at least right now and there's practically 0 risk of bricking unless you do something really stupid. If nothing else if you have a usb install some brazilian games those don't require you to do anything to your system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended