Should I keep my NDS plugged in when possible?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gute, Jul 12, 2006.

Jul 12, 2006
  1. Gute
    OP

Newcomer Gute Member

Featured Posts:
    Sweden
    As topic says...
    Should I keep my NDS Lite plugged in when possible or should I use the battery?
    Dont know why but it feels like I might harm the battery if i keep it plugged in...

EDIT: I mean when playing of course...

2. HugeCock

Member HugeCock Oh My....

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I purchased a DS lite cradle and always keep my DS in it when not being used. Actually I had one for my phat DS too... so far no damage has been done!

3. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

Featured Posts:
    United States
    That’s good to know Cock & I hope your right. Because on some PDA’s leaving them in the
    charger for a long time, would for some reason over charge the unit shortening the battery life.

4. Jinny

Newcomer Jinny Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I always keep my DS Lite plugged in whenever I am not playing it.
    Same for my cell phone, laptop, mp3 player, camera...
    What else?... [​IMG]

It depends on the battery type. If it's Lithium-ion, then you'll be fine.

edit: The DS Lite uses L-ion, just so you know.

5. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    u shuld never use the ds until the battery runs out and the ds switches off, this is known as a deep charge cycle and reduces the batterys life by 15 percent each time, a li-ion battery should always be kept topped off the most ideal charge level is 40% (good look trying to figure out if ur ds is 40% charged)

for more check out Prolonging Li-Ion Battery Life

6. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Yeah if it hits red and you want to continue you playing i suggest you save (if you can) and then hop out and turn the brightness down as much as you can. Otherwise you should probably stop, draining it to 0% is bad for the battery, though a replacement is about $20 or so shipped from nintendo and you are going to need to buy one after a few years anyways. On the other hand, i've seen third party replacement batteries for as low as $5 (not sure about shipping). You could look into those to swap out if your liscensed batteries get low, but I really, really DO NOT recommend unliscensed batteries. Batteries have a habit of EXPLODING when improperly manufactured/used (cellphone batteries for example).

Edit: haha deadcell what a great name for this post ^^

2nd edit: Keeping the battery fully charged isn't doing much harm for the battery and you will need it charged to use it:P

Also playing the ds/lite while charging is also okay!