Should I keep my NDS plugged in when possible?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Gute, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Gute
    OP

Gute Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2006
    As topic says...
    Should I keep my NDS Lite plugged in when possible or should I use the battery?
    Dont know why but it feels like I might harm the battery if i keep it plugged in...

EDIT: I mean when playing of course...

2. HugeCock

HugeCock Oh My....

Jul 5, 2006
    United States
    I purchased a DS lite cradle and always keep my DS in it when not being used. Actually I had one for my phat DS too... so far no damage has been done!

3. CatScam

CatScam ScamaRama!

Apr 29, 2006
    United States
    That’s good to know Cock & I hope your right. Because on some PDA’s leaving them in the
    charger for a long time, would for some reason over charge the unit shortening the battery life.

4. Jinny

Jinny Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    I always keep my DS Lite plugged in whenever I am not playing it.
    Same for my cell phone, laptop, mp3 player, camera...
    What else?... [​IMG]

It depends on the battery type. If it's Lithium-ion, then you'll be fine.

edit: The DS Lite uses L-ion, just so you know.

5. Azimuth

Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Feb 23, 2006
    Canada
    u shuld never use the ds until the battery runs out and the ds switches off, this is known as a deep charge cycle and reduces the batterys life by 15 percent each time, a li-ion battery should always be kept topped off the most ideal charge level is 40% (good look trying to figure out if ur ds is 40% charged)

for more check out Prolonging Li-Ion Battery Life

6. Rayout

Rayout GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2006
    United States
    Yeah if it hits red and you want to continue you playing i suggest you save (if you can) and then hop out and turn the brightness down as much as you can. Otherwise you should probably stop, draining it to 0% is bad for the battery, though a replacement is about $20 or so shipped from nintendo and you are going to need to buy one after a few years anyways. On the other hand, i've seen third party replacement batteries for as low as $5 (not sure about shipping). You could look into those to swap out if your liscensed batteries get low, but I really, really DO NOT recommend unliscensed batteries. Batteries have a habit of EXPLODING when improperly manufactured/used (cellphone batteries for example).

Edit: haha deadcell what a great name for this post ^^

2nd edit: Keeping the battery fully charged isn't doing much harm for the battery and you will need it charged to use it:P

Also playing the ds/lite while charging is also okay!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice