should i keep my ds lite or go with a brandnew dsi?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Zalda, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Zalda
    OP

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    so i've had my white ds lite for about 2 years now, and time is really showing now.
    the R button doesn't work at all anymore, the hinges are starting to loosen up and the touch screen is very scratchy.
    i would love to replay TLoZ PH again, but I'm scared I will damage my touchscreen even more....
    i haven't played my ds lite in like 2 months.

i'v got the opportunity to get a DSi from a webshop, absolutely free.
    it's brandnew, still in it's package.
    now i'm wondering what i should do:

- keep the ds lite and sell the dsi:
    i would earn around 140 euros with this

- sell the ds lite and keep the dsi
    i'm hoping for 75 euros, but it will be more like 50 euros....

with the second method i'm gonna be able to enjoy the ds(i) games again at the fullest, and that's really attracting me
    but when i look at the release lists of the ds, there's isn't a lot of appealing stuff
    i would keep the dsi if there was some more fire emblem, but not a lot of other stuff sounds good to me

and also, i'm now in the last year of high school and next year i'm going to college and i'm going to have to study a lot more.
    so i won't have as much time to game, so probably even less time for my ds.....
    what about you guys, that go to college? do you still have enough time to game?
    i don't do sports, and i have a wii, kick-ass pc and ds to game on.

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

1) there arnt any dedicated DSi games yet just the odd retail/real DS game that has some extra DSi functions in the code that are activated when used in the DSi the extra options do not work with a flash card as no flash card currently can access DSi mode they only use DS mode!

2) Do you use SLOT2 for anything such as GBA roms or a GBA flash card or Guitar Hero with a Grip on your lite as you will no longer be able to use any of these with the DSi!

3) If you are going to get a DSi and a flash card get one thats currently updatable to work with firmware 1.4 such as the Ak2i/SConei/EZflash Vi etc otherwise if you update it will not work!...also to use the DSistore you need to update before you can use it!

4) There are a few DSiware games on the DSi store but none are really spectacular or great they get boring pretty quickly [​IMG]
    when you first use the store you will get 1000 Dsiware points free so use them wisely and watch youtube videos on the games before using your points to see what they are like before committing the points! ...note you can also grab FLIPNOTE STUDIO and OPERA browser free of charge when you connect to the store [​IMG]

3. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    get the dsi but buy m3i zero or scd1i if your not planning to keep the ds lite and get it if you dont play gba so much

4. Zalda
    OP

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    for gba roms, i use my gba + ez iv

5. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    yeh so ide so ur all set to buy a dsi then
    the dsi is awesome and ur missen out on it

6. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    The DSi is good, but there's no serious reason to buy it yet.

I was going to a month or two ago, I'm waiting until something good happens like some DSi homebrew or a new feature.