Should I invest in the gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ATypicalSe7en, Aug 30, 2013.

?

Should I get a Gateway

1. It's worth it!

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Save your money for something better.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Wait it out and see.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. ATypicalSe7en
    OP

ATypicalSe7en Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2013
    United States
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post :lol: but I need help deciding if I should invest in a gateway card. My 3DSXL has the current firmware 4.5.0-10U and the only game I have is TLOZ:OT 3D I read on the site that "anything above 6.2.0 will most likely never be compatible."<-- I don't know if they mean firmware or games release with that firmware. I've never played online with my 3DS before so I actually don't know if it's worth it or not unless you count the "Find mii and puzzle a online gaming experience" :P for $74 it seems good but I just don't really know. Any insight would help a lot.

2. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    1) Yes this is the wrong place to post, it should have gone in this section.

2) When they say "anything above 6.2 will most likely never be compatible", they are talking about the 3DS' firmware. The Gateway has firmware spoofing so if you do purchase gateway you will be able to play games that have a higher firmware then 4.5 (ex. Mario and Luigi Dream Team is 5.1). Gateway also is region free so you have a wider library of games then you ever could legally.

3) If you haven't played online by now then you most likely wont really need it. Tbh, unless your playing a game like Animal crossing/Pokemon, then Online isnt all that worth it. Those games make it worth it because its playing is enhanced with online interation. (Heads up, Animal crossing doesnt work with gateway).

4) Its all up to you to decide in the end. Read The Official GBATemp Gateway Review made by Devin until you can soundly say you made the right decision.

ATypicalSe7en likes this.
  3. ATypicalSe7en
    OP

ATypicalSe7en Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2013
    United States
    Thanks and sorry about the posting in the wrong section.