Gaming Should I Invest In A Sealed Bronze DSi XL?

Team555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently own a DS Lite and DSi XL. I considered upgrading to a 3DS XL until I read about the upscaling, contrast, and updating firmware issues with DS games. I am interested in the forum's take on this - how distracting is it?

A local record store has a sealed bronze DSi XL for $110. Should I invest in this puppy (keep it sealed) in case my current XL bites the dust, sell it in a couple years if not, OR am I totally over thinking this whole thing...

Do you think a sealed DSi XL would be more valuable in two years???

Everyone's opinion is super appreciated here, especially those who own a 3DS XL and play a lot of DS titles.

Thank you in advance guys!
T

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The upscaling issue only bothers people who really like 1:1 graphics, I don't think it'll bother you. The sheer value of 3DS games and the Circle Pad easily outweigh any argument in favor of the DSi XL - dip in and buy a 3DS XL as well as a compatible flashcart - this'll have you covered for way longer.

Sealed or not, the system will continue losing value over time until becomes a coveted item, say, in 30-40 years time? :P

goober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The resale value of sealed (popular) handhelds isn't all that great. So it's definitely not an investment. You need to factor in inflation as well. You almost never come out ahead. Only get it if you really want a sealed system for backup. Otherwise, frankly, you're better off just buying a near mint one for backup.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, I would recomend you get the Supercard DSTWO, they release updates to their flashcarts within 24-48 hours. Also, if you accidently update the 3ds before the cart (or on purpose) you can easily update the flashcart on the error screen without needing another ds. (You already have another ds so I doubt you will need this.

Guerillaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is really no need to invest in a sealed system unless it is a special edition. The standard bronze color is not really desired anyways. These are the facts. If it was a more desirable color then it would be worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free