Hacking Should I hold on to CB? N3DS Emunand question

ImYoungxD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bought CN from Amazon for $33 + Taxes. Should I hold it or return/sell it?

I did the mset downgrade on my N3DS but when I go to options, it doesn't say Firmware GWx.x.x.x. I've also did the DS profile exploit and went to options but no "GW"

Last edited by ImYoungxD,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I bought CB from Amazon for $33 + Taxes. Should I hold it or return/sell it?

I did the mset downgrade on my N3DS but when I go to options, it doesn't say Firmware GWx.x.x.x. I've also did the DS profile exploit and went to options but no "GW"
you need to actually format emunand in the gateway menu before it will show as GW3D in system settings.....keep hold of CN if you want or sell it on while the price is high and hope someone posts the code to launch pasta via spider/MSET to pastebin for the pastadev's to copy then the price will plummet and you can buy it back if ever you need it

Artemis-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought CB from Amazon for $33 + Taxes. Should I hold it or return/sell it?

To clarify, the GW firmware prefix only appears in emunand's mset, and the mset downgrade happens to your sysnand's mset, and the sysnand would never show the GW prefix. If you're absolutely 100% certain you are in emunand and it doesn't have the GW prefix, then that is a bug I've seen can happen, though iirc, it only happens with the o3ds... but, strange things can always happen.

I don't see why you shouldn't hang on to it, at any rate. I still have my copy of it despite having the fully working mset exploit installed. It's never a bad idea to keep it around in case something bad happens, or some kind of new development occurs that specifically requires ninjhax. Unless you're really hard up for the cash, in which case, do what you need to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1