Should I hold on to CB? N3DS Emunand question

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ImYoungxD, Jun 10, 2015.

  1. ImYoungxD
    OP

    ImYoungxD Member

    Newcomer
    27
    8
    Nov 18, 2008
    United States
    I bought CN from Amazon for $33 + Taxes. Should I hold it or return/sell it?

    I did the mset downgrade on my N3DS but when I go to options, it doesn't say Firmware GWx.x.x.x. I've also did the DS profile exploit and went to options but no "GW"
     
    Last edited by ImYoungxD, Jun 11, 2015
  2. Scarlet

    Scarlet It's Basically Christmas

    pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    1,960
    2,405
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    If you mean Cubic Ninja, I'd say keep it. The homebrew possibilities it gives you are really worthwhile, and keeping an extra boot method for Gateway never hurts.
     
    dedChar likes this.
  3. gamesquest1

    gamesquest1 Nabnut

    Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

    Our Patreon
    14,165
    9,523
    Sep 23, 2013
    you need to actually format emunand in the gateway menu before it will show as GW3D in system settings.....keep hold of CN if you want or sell it on while the price is high and hope someone posts the code to launch pasta via spider/MSET to pastebin for the pastadev's to copy then the price will plummet and you can buy it back if ever you need it
     
  4. Artemis-kun

    Artemis-kun Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    65
    58
    Mar 1, 2015
    Canada
    Toronto, ON
    To clarify, the GW firmware prefix only appears in emunand's mset, and the mset downgrade happens to your sysnand's mset, and the sysnand would never show the GW prefix. If you're absolutely 100% certain you are in emunand and it doesn't have the GW prefix, then that is a bug I've seen can happen, though iirc, it only happens with the o3ds... but, strange things can always happen.

    I don't see why you shouldn't hang on to it, at any rate. I still have my copy of it despite having the fully working mset exploit installed. It's never a bad idea to keep it around in case something bad happens, or some kind of new development occurs that specifically requires ninjhax. Unless you're really hard up for the cash, in which case, do what you need to.
     
  5. ImYoungxD
    OP

    ImYoungxD Member

    Newcomer
    27
    8
    Nov 18, 2008
    United States
    Thanks guys
    I will keep my CN