should i have my hacked wii fixed at a local store?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by DJPlace, Oct 21, 2012.

1. DJPlace
    OP

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    and it's the usb port on the back of it. one of them won't read nothing... and i really don't feel like going through the rehacking BS again.. so any tips or thing of what to do.

2. alex_0706

Member alex_0706 darknessblade

Netherlands
    never if they find out its hacked
    your warrantly is gone so they wont fix it

go to a store where they repair and hack wii's

3. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Its normal that one of the ports doesn't work.

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    First wii hacking really should not be that hard. More importantly other than redoing the basic stages of the hack much of it should stem from the SD card anyway (or can be made to be so before you send it off).

That said assuming what GamerzHell9137 is not the case (and I have no grounds to argue it is not) you said your local store- assuming it is not a port replacement it points at a somewhat higher level piece of fixing unless they straight up replace the motherboard which is not that cheap either and none of it is something every shop can be expected to do. To that end you might want to elaborate on what you expect your "local store" to do.

5. DJPlace
    OP

United States
    i just would like them to replace my USB ports that is all.. nothing ... and they told me it was 30-40 bucks it's weird through that sometimes it works when i use both slots... so i don't think i'm going risk it...

6. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    Most cIOS'es don't support using both USB ports for loading - only the latest revisions do, and the feature is in beta stages of development.

Your Wii is not broken. If that was the case, both USB slots would be "loose" on the board and probably wouldn't work - they're on a single "piece", see? Right next to the memory card slots.

[​IMG]

7. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Come on, that "Rehacking BS" takes less than 15 minutes.
    Assuming you used Modmii, that is.

8. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    If your USB port is really broken then I can fix it. I have a spare on hand just for this type of a situation.

I would say to check to see if it is physically broken. Also, put some apps on your usb drive then go into HBC and try your USB drive in both ports. HBC will use either USB port.

9. DJPlace
    OP

United States
    oh it's not broken... it will not read for any of my music game like my mic or the keyboard... cfg usb loader read my stick fine... so that's good. is there a fix for making them read for my music games let me know here.