Hardware should i have my hacked wii fixed at a local store?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and it's the usb port on the back of it. one of them won't read nothing... and i really don't feel like going through the rehacking BS again.. so any tips or thing of what to do.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First wii hacking really should not be that hard. More importantly other than redoing the basic stages of the hack much of it should stem from the SD card anyway (or can be made to be so before you send it off).

That said assuming what GamerzHell9137 is not the case (and I have no grounds to argue it is not) you said your local store- assuming it is not a port replacement it points at a somewhat higher level piece of fixing unless they straight up replace the motherboard which is not that cheap either and none of it is something every shop can be expected to do. To that end you might want to elaborate on what you expect your "local store" to do.

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just would like them to replace my USB ports that is all.. nothing ... and they told me it was 30-40 bucks it's weird through that sometimes it works when i use both slots... so i don't think i'm going risk it...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Most cIOS'es don't support using both USB ports for loading - only the latest revisions do, and the feature is in beta stages of development.

Your Wii is not broken. If that was the case, both USB slots would be "loose" on the board and probably wouldn't work - they're on a single "piece", see? Right next to the memory card slots.

aWm8M.jpg

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
If your USB port is really broken then I can fix it. I have a spare on hand just for this type of a situation.

I would say to check to see if it is physically broken. Also, put some apps on your usb drive then go into HBC and try your USB drive in both ports. HBC will use either USB port.

DJPlace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh it's not broken... it will not read for any of my music game like my mic or the keyboard... cfg usb loader read my stick fine... so that's good. is there a fix for making them read for my music games let me know here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Btw today at school I gave one of my cookies from my snack to the girl I like.