Gaming Should I go online after a long time?

Hermessz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, when the xmas ban wave have started like 3 months ago, i wasn't online @ live for a couple of days b4, and then when I heard the ban wave have started, I unplugged the cable from the internet.
Until now I have no idea if I got banned or not.
If I upgrade to IXLT, it'll cost me money, but the whole point to upgrade is to be safe from Live ban.
So, I think after a long time, to connect to live.
is it safe? If I just connect and see I'm not banned, does it mean I'll get banned immidietly after I connect? Or any other suggestion?
Well, for now I don't care if I get banned or not because the situation I'm in doesn't really different.

I don't try to connect to live until now is because I scare of the HDD ban which "ruins" it. If I unplug it, then connect to live, get banned and then I replug it, will it be "ruined"?
(I got IX1.6, forgot to mention)...

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hermessz said:
I don't try to connect to live until now is because I scare of the HDD ban which "ruins" it. If I unplug it, then connect to live, get banned and then I replug it, will it be "ruined"?
(I got IX1.6, forgot to mention)...

Yes, even if you remove the hdd, you'll still lose the ability to install games and the box will still make profile/saves that are used on it, show as corrupted on other boxes. If you want to connect, but don't want to have the box crippled if you are banned, then write protect the nand, then connect. If you get banned the box won't be crippled with the nand write protected.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obviously the kid doesn't know any of that. So giving him all that isn't going to help me.

If you're banned, you're banned. You just saved yourself thousands of dollars when you don't buy games, get over it.

Wynd

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chances are your flagged

Both my 360's which hadn't been on live for some 1 month before the ban "wave" started have been banned

Im guessing this answers your question i.e. you are banned and don't try connecting to live if you dnt want to loose the ability to install games

What you COULD do is sell it, and then buy a new one, that's your best bet if you want to play on live again

or pick up an arcade and slap your HDD on top and your off
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt