Hardware Should I get this battery case?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, don't pledge anything to this. There is no real product made so we can't trust that they even got any experience with even building these kind of devices.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
It's been proven time and time again with indiegogo projects, people pledge hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars, and then when the item starts shipping, it's literally cheap rebranded chinese shit, which costs $1.99 from alibaba, except you paid 100 dollars for it.

Crowdfunding is the greatest legal scam in the history of mankind.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It's been proven time and time again with indiegogo projects, people pledge hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars, and then when the item starts shipping, it's literally cheap rebranded chinese shit, which costs $1.99 from alibaba, except you paid 100 dollars for it.

Crowdfunding is the greatest legal scam in the history of mankind.
Oh, cool! There's already a Chinese variant? Link? Oh.. Wait...

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, be carefull, because that could very well make the switch hotter as the the battery would be adding heat. But you also have to ask how the battery is supposed to add so much extra time *unless I simply missed that part* when the switch already has one of the biggest batteries possible.

Reactions: Kioku and zezzo

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
At least kickstarter has a policy requiring a fully working prototype before funding can begin. Indiegogo does not. Hence the abundance of devices that violate laws of thermodynamics and such.

Why not just pledge to a perpetual motion free energy USB charger and you won't need a second battery :rofl2:

Reactions: zezzo

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Also, be carefull, because that could very well make the switch hotter as the the battery would be adding heat. But you also have to ask how the battery is supposed to add so much extra time *unless I simply missed that part* when the switch already has one of the biggest batteries possible.

Just an attached charging case is what it seems like. Much like Mophie for phones or the Nyko charge grip for the Vita and 3DS.

Still some valid concerns. It's just added heat right on the back against where the battery is. Hm.

Last edited by Kioku,

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much like Mophie for phones or the Nyko charge grip for the Vita and 3DS.

Still some valid concerns. It's just added heat right on the back against where the battery is. Hm.

Still not sure how the heck it's supposed to provide -over- 100 percent extra battery. Again. The Switch has a huge battery in it, and also I don't buy the "Custom" battery thing. If it was that easy to make a "custom" battery, wouldn't nintendo/sony have done that by now?

Reactions: zezzo

zezzo

The "Black Ace"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not sure how the heck it's supposed to provide -over- 100 percent extra battery. Again. The Switch has a huge battery in it, and also I don't buy the "Custom" battery thing. If it was that easy to make a "custom" battery, wouldn't nintendo/sony have done that by now?
I don't see this happening.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats the thing though. Zelda can't get more than four hours under the best circumstances, they are claiming 10 and half hours on it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Youre right, the switch has a big battery. Not sure why that's a worry. The 12,000mah battery will give the switch extra power. Whether or not it will put the switch in a charging or full state is my concern. If it can make the switch think it's "docked" and run off the battery in the case and then run off the battery in the console after. It'll make more sense.

Also, I don't know why Sony and Nintendo haven't done it. You'd have to take it up with them. The charge grip worked amazingly on the vita.. And the one I had for the 3DS gave me triple battery. So...

Last edited by Kioku,

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still not sure how the heck it's supposed to provide -over- 100 percent extra battery.

Probably the same way certain phone cases do, with an extra battery that charges up the main battery of the system, not replacing it, just adding to it. Not saying it works, definitely not saying you should EVER give money for a product that may not even come to be, just it's not hard to see how an add on could give over 100%.

At least kickstarter has a policy requiring a fully working prototype before funding can begin.
Since when? Remembering that whole "Coleco" Chameleon scam...

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Probably the same way certain phone cases do, with an extra battery that charges up the main battery of the system, not replacing it, just adding to it. Not saying it works, definitely not saying you should EVER give money for a product that may not even come to be, just it's not hard to see how an add on could give over 100%.

Since when? Remembering that whole "Coleco" Chameleon scam...
They probably had some working prototype and just stopped there.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I read the campaign page the quoted 12+ hours (while other parts of the page list up to 12 hours, which conflicts) is based on using 30% screen brightness.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I read the campaign page the quoted 12+ hours (while other parts of the page list up to 12 hours, which conflicts) is based on using 30% screen brightness.

The page claims 10+ hours on Zelda (specifically) However Zelda will not get to 5 hours even with the dimmist screen wifi off and sound off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1