Hacking should I get the sky 3ds with my new 3dsxl?

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already have a 3ds xl with gateway are there any advantages having a new 3ds with gateway than a old 3ds?

If you get a Sky and the N3DS FW is <= 9.2, said Sky can act as the Cubic Ninja to launch GW for EmuNAND (or other homebrew).
You could also get a normal copy of CN.

Of course, CN exploits and Gateway won't work above 9.2 while Sky's normal ROM prowess will. Depends on what you want to do.

Edit: Advantages... aside from N3DS games which either Sky or GW can launch, none in particular thus far. The O3DS currently wins in that it can run 4.5 and EmuNAND up to 9.6 without a GW (though I believe a 9.6 EmuNAND can't run CIAs currently)

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simple break down.

N3ds for n3ds only games and better play for some games like zelda mm. (because of the c-stick)
The bad is you have to get a first wave one in order to get a low firmware like 9.0 or 9.2

Gateway is more for homebrew and it supports alot of games off the bad (cia eshop, drag and drop adding)

Sky3ds is mainly for playing retail games. The great thing about it is it works on all firmwares.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mostly to play N3DS games without having to worry about updates or firmware. Check the forums for the infamous UPC code list if you want a 9.2 or less firmware.

EDIT:
Although the DSTwoPlus seems right around the corner... Not even sure if I want a Gateway or Sky3DS at this point when I could just use the DSTwoPlus. We'll have to wait and see.

Stick to the Sky3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.