Gaming Should I get Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

What Generation I starter will you get?

• Total voters

Pokemon7890

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering which game I should get. I will be choosing Froagie and Charmander. I am not sure if I should get Y as when Charmander becomes a Charizard, I will have two flying types and I will probably get Garchomp. This will give my team a big weakness to trainers who have ice-types so I was thinking of pre-ordering Y. What are the pros and cons of each game?

Omninox

GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Compiler
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally i'm going for X. Love the design of the stag and prefer the exclusives. Mewtwo X is a bonus~ :3

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this really even a decision? Like... does it even matter.?

A lot of the sales of speecific version stem from the original generation. Think about it. There were slightly more copies of Pokemon blue sold over pokemon red from the original generation. Silver is the natural blue of gen 2, and slightly outsold gold. and the trend continues until black and white. Neither is a close color to red or blue and sales were just about even. But Im willing to bed that X outsells Y this time. Easy.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So much Charizard picks. I'll pick Squirtle unless picking Charmander is the only way to get the Charizarite X. Then it would turn into a tough decision.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon Z, of course.

nah they won't release that till they milked everyones wallet for at least a year

Why selling the same game once if they can sell it twice? :tpi:
They're gonna release the same game with enchancements and a new storyline twice for the retail prices,
Pokémon X2 and Y2, or maybe XZ and YZ.

ßleck

Console Peasant
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why selling the same game once if they can sell it twice? :tpi:
They're gonna release the same game with enchancements and a new storyline twice for the retail prices,
Pokémon X2 and Y2, or maybe XZ and YZ.

Whatever they decide to do, I hope they give us a R/S/E remake first. Then I'll gladly be a good cow and let them milk me.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How about R/S/E region+remake DLC expansion? I'd happily pay an extra £35 for that.
DLC isn't typically a full-length game. Even New Super Luigi U isn't - the levels are much shorter than the original. Expansion packs are more of a PC thing, and I doubt it will ever happen to a Pokemon game.
Would be awesome though, no doubt, but any DLC will probably be limited to little things, like special clothing for your character, or a third/fourth character.

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta say, I love Charizard X, but I'm getting Y because of Mewtwo Y and Yveltal. Hopefully I can just trade someone later on and get the Charizardite X.

Pokemon7890

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the Blue 3DS XL that matches X, so I might pre-order that. How much power does the announced moves for each legendary do? Does Xerneas have a second type?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all