Hacking Should I get OoT or should I go for Sky3DS?

YoungStarDC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey there,

Question! I already have a Gateway and I don't have a Sky. I can pick up OoT for 29,99 today, because I managed to reserve the last (used) copy at one of my local stores. Should I do that or would it be better if I bought Sky (it's way more expensive)?

I've seen the thread where they explain how to use Sky3DS and I know not all copies of OoT seem to work, but I can return the game within 14 days and get my money back if I am not happy with it for whatever reason (because it's a used game). Does Sky have any more benefits over Gateway besides the fact you can use it on the N3DS and with this exploit?

Many thanks in advance, as always! :D

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey there,

Question! I already have a Gateway and I don't have a Sky. I can pick up OoT for 29,99 today, because I managed to reserve the last (used) copy at one of my local stores. Should I do that or would it be better if I bought Sky (it's way more expensive)?

I've seen the thread where they explain how to use Sky3DS and I know not all copies of OoT seem to work, but I can return the game within 14 days and get my money back if I am not happy with it for whatever reason (because it's a used game). Does Sky have any more benefits over Gateway besides the fact you can use it on the N3DS and with this exploit?

Many thanks in advance, as always! :D
Go with OoT, you'll never have any use for the Sky3DS besides using it to load the exploit anyway. :P
A guy is working on converting the saves to work with other OoT3D carts as we speak, the US save is already converted.

Reactions: YoungStarDC

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd say go with Sky3DS, at least you're sure you can get the right version of OOT witouth spending any more money and you can always play games with that flashcard.

Reactions: YoungStarDC

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
My general rule in regard to piracy is that I never pirate anything i'd actually buy. Plus, pirating Ocarina of Time is morally wrong. That game is fucking fantastic. I cannot advise you pirate it.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Dude, just get it. You said you have 14 days to return if. If it doesn't work, return it and get the Sky3DS. Simple as that :)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's not a question of morality, it's a question of convenience. If you want to go through the trouble of juggling carts to enter GW Mode, go for Gateway, if not, go for Sky.

Reactions: SLiV3R

michyprima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm probably going for the sky as Japanese OoT would cost almost the same as it. I will be selling it after the requirement is not here anymore

YoungStarDC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Let me start with a big thanks for all the helpful and fast replies! I really appreciate it! :D

Go with OoT, you'll never have any use for the Sky3DS besides using it to load the exploit anyway. :P
A guy is working on converting the saves to work with other OoT3D carts as we speak, the US save is already converted.

That's great news, thanks for your input! :D

I'd say go with Sky3DS, at least you're sure you can get the right version of OOT witouth spending any more money and you can always play games with that flashcard.

I will be able to get my money back if the OoT cart does not work, so no worries there.

My general rule in regard to piracy is that I never pirate anything i'd actually buy. Plus, pirating Ocarina of Time is morally wrong. That game is fucking fantastic. I cannot advise you pirate it.

I own OoT on the N64, GC, WII and I've played through it at least ten times! So yes, you are right, it is a fantastic game. I truly think it's the best of all time. Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by pirate it. If I get a Sky3DS you mean?

It's not a question of morality, it's a question of convenience. If you want to go through the trouble of juggling carts to enter GW Mode, go for Gateway, if not, go for Sky.

Personally I don't mind having to go through the extra hassle, especially not if it saves me 60 bucks or so haha. :P

He said he already has a Gateway. He's contemplating getting the OoT vs Sky NOT Gateway vs Sky
sm7_facepalm.gif

True!

It seems that OoT is a safe bet for now! And of course, it's great to have in my collection, so I'd say I will get the game!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2