Should I get OoT or should I go for Sky3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by YoungStarDC, Mar 12, 2015.

1. YoungStarDC
    OP

YoungStarDC Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2014
    Netherlands
    The Hague, Netherlands
    Hey there,

Question! I already have a Gateway and I don't have a Sky. I can pick up OoT for 29,99 today, because I managed to reserve the last (used) copy at one of my local stores. Should I do that or would it be better if I bought Sky (it's way more expensive)?

I've seen the thread where they explain how to use Sky3DS and I know not all copies of OoT seem to work, but I can return the game within 14 days and get my money back if I am not happy with it for whatever reason (because it's a used game). Does Sky have any more benefits over Gateway besides the fact you can use it on the N3DS and with this exploit?

Many thanks in advance, as always! :D

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Go with OoT, you'll never have any use for the Sky3DS besides using it to load the exploit anyway. :P
    A guy is working on converting the saves to work with other OoT3D carts as we speak, the US save is already converted.

YoungStarDC likes this.
  3. 4ur0r

4ur0r GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2015
    Italy
    I'd say go with Sky3DS, at least you're sure you can get the right version of OOT witouth spending any more money and you can always play games with that flashcard.

YoungStarDC likes this.
  4. Iamapirate

Iamapirate GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2013
    My general rule in regard to piracy is that I never pirate anything i'd actually buy. Plus, pirating Ocarina of Time is morally wrong. That game is fucking fantastic. I cannot advise you pirate it.

5. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Dude, just get it. You said you have 14 days to return if. If it doesn't work, return it and get the Sky3DS. Simple as that :)

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    It's not a question of morality, it's a question of convenience. If you want to go through the trouble of juggling carts to enter GW Mode, go for Gateway, if not, go for Sky.

SLiV3R likes this.
  7. Jao Chu
    This message by Jao Chu has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Mar 12, 2015, Reason: Mistake in reading.
    Mar 12, 2015
  8. ravihpa
    This message by ravihpa has been removed from public view by Vulpes Abnocto, Mar 12, 2015, Reason: Mistake in reading.
    Mar 12, 2015
  9. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You can launch the GW exploit with Sky so it makes no difference whatsoever. You don't even need the red cart at all.

10. michyprima

michyprima GBAtemp Regular

Feb 19, 2014
    Italy
    I'm probably going for the sky as Japanese OoT would cost almost the same as it. I will be selling it after the requirement is not here anymore

11. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Who knows, maybe you'll actually enjoy it, it's quite alright. :P

12. YoungStarDC
    OP

YoungStarDC Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2014
    Netherlands
    The Hague, Netherlands
    Let me start with a big thanks for all the helpful and fast replies! I really appreciate it! :D

That's great news, thanks for your input! :D

I will be able to get my money back if the OoT cart does not work, so no worries there.

I own OoT on the N64, GC, WII and I've played through it at least ten times! So yes, you are right, it is a fantastic game. I truly think it's the best of all time. Anyway, I'm not sure what you mean by pirate it. If I get a Sky3DS you mean?

Personally I don't mind having to go through the extra hassle, especially not if it saves me 60 bucks or so haha. :P

True!

It seems that OoT is a safe bet for now! And of course, it's great to have in my collection, so I'd say I will get the game!