Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Hi everyone (yeah I know I don't post a lot, untill my DS comes back from repair),

I will be stuck this weekend with my friend's PS2 at home (grounded for breaking my sister's leg
rolleyes.gif
), and I wanted to try out a FF game, since the last one I tried was FF-7, and I didn't finish it(my brother broke the CDs), so I intend to pirate buy one of the newest three, X or X-2, or XII (Argh! the names ar confusing!)

So what do you think I should download get from the store?

Also, is it me, or has the FF series been going downhill since FF-7, they're forgetting about good storylines and gameplay, and instead focusing on getting the female protagonist barely clothed, having a male hero you can't distinguish from a female one, futuristic crappy settings, and techno love storylines?
As I said, it might just be me
unsure.gif

Ahmad Yasser (a.k.a. Extreme Coder)

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FFX. X-2 is what got me on the path to hating Square-Enix. XII was the nail in the coffin. I've tried to play it twice now and both times just did not find myself enjoying it one bit.

However, listening to FF XII's OST makes me want to give it one more try just because the music is great and I know I love awesome music to compliment awesome events in a game. I just have to adjust to that battle system that puts me off oh so much.

Once I get my new PS2 laser (definitely gonna need it for all those Final Fantasy CG scenes that would otherwise stutter to death with my current laser), I'm gonna give XII another try.

Simply from personal experience though, I'd say go with X. I've beaten it twice. Sure it's like a giant, linear cutscene, but it's a damn good cutscene.

Extreme Coder

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Oh damn, I wrote X-2 in the title thread instead of XII, since I get mixed up with the numbers (since technically, both mean 12 ).
Of course I'm not going to play X-2, I tried it once at a friend's house, and it was a horrible horrible game. And the fact that the main characters are all females isn't nice too
wink.gif

I'm leaning towards X, since it's said it's closer to the FF series than FF XII, but then Famitsu awarded XII a 40/40, which it only awarded to 5 games before that
wink.gif

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
FFXII.

I played all the way through FFX and liked it at first, but later found it boring and frustrating. And due to that, I haven't even touched FFX-2.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Definitely Final Fantasy X. It's my second favorite Final Fantasy game of all time.

I actually didn't think X-2 was bad :\ I found it pretty fun. However, X was definitely better. Haven't played XII yet, but I saw a friend play it , and it looks... good. However, it's a little deviated from the course that Final fantasy has been well-known for.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fuck yes. All the Final Fantasies above 7 are totally worth playing as long as you can handle the change in graphics
smile.gif
I've never played 11 though, bad choice making it online huh :X

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, I played it (XI) at a friends house, it really bored me.
My favorite FF games..... hmmm
1:FFVI/FFVIII (Like them both equally)
2:FFVII
3:FFIII DS (I really liked the fact that it is so much harder than the rest of the FF games released outside of Japan)

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought FFXI was pretty good/decent, but it wasn't realle Final Fantasy. And I also thought X-2 was pretty fun but the story/plot was stupid/crap/garbage. Maybe it's just because I loved the class system in FFV(and the game itself).

I was a little bored with FFX on most parts, could've been because the story was just too predictable for me, I hated blitzball, or it was just my mood. It was a good game though. FFXII is still the only Final Fantasy I haven't tried yet.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Definitely get Final Fantasy X, if only because X-2 is the sequel, and why would you want to play the sequel before the original?
tongue.gif
For the record Final Fantasy X and X-2 are my favorite FF games. I know a lot of people would disagree, but I love X-2 for it's serene atmosphere. Plus its unique gameplay system and multiple paths to choose. As for Final Fantasy XII, I can't recommend the combat and gambit system highly enough, and the world's vibe is completely old world, which is great. However because of the massive size of the world it loses a lot of the typical FF charm. You never come to care for any characters but your own. And there's no little secrets to be found. So go with FFX for now.
happy.gif

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly, you can't go wrong with any numbered Final Fantasy. hell, the only "bad" one was Mystic Quest, and we all know they'd take that one back, if the could. i'm still waiting for the official apology.

though, given a choice between the PS2 iterations, i'd have to go with XII. it has the best visuals (not just graphics - the character/monster design is amazing) and story ("epic" barely scratches the surface. just be prepared to PAY ATTENTION!) of the 4.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely Final Fantasy X. It's my second favorite Final Fantasy game of all time.

I actually didn't think X-2 was bad :\ I found it pretty fun. However, X was definitely better. Haven't played XII yet, but I saw a friend play it , and it looks... good. However, it's a little deviated from the course that Final fantasy has been well-known for.

tbh, X-2 is really more of a girly game
not as in barbie snowland etc. kinda games but it was more focused towards the female gamers.
at least, that was my opinion after playing it for a little bit...

FFXII looks really great and really warrants a go, the new battle system being the first incentive
FFX was great but i just got bored with it after a little bit..
the sphere grid i hated especially, maybe is shouldve chosen the beginner sphere grid rather than that gold one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.