Should I get Cubic Ninja or a gateway for my 3DS XL

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CarefulCrysis, Nov 20, 2014.

1. CarefulCrysis
    OP

CarefulCrysis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 25, 2013
    Birmingham, United Kingdom
    Does anyone know if the exploit is possible using a backup of Cubic Ninja via Gateway, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a gateway but I'm just a little unsure if it'll work like the recent Cubic Ninja exploit. I'm running the latest FW btw.

2. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    You'll find out tomorrow like everyone else I guess.

CarefulCrysis likes this.
  3. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    If you are in the latest Firmware only Sky3DS might do the trick at the moment, until Gateway releases its new update, which i hope its soon, you won't be able to use this FlashCart anyway.
    So right now original game or (possibly) Sky3DS.

4. purupuru

purupuru GBAtemp Regular

Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    I don't see any reason why using the CN .cia isn't going to work. I'm NOT buying that damn game regardless.

5. Plasmastar510

Plasmastar510 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    .cia is NOT required to execute the flaw. In fact, official digital downloads were only available in Japan.

No. Either both of them will allow the game to execute, or none at all. There's no reason that either of them couldn't run it anyways.

6. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    R
    Right now to my knowledge Gateway only works with a 3DS running original 4.x Firmware ( that is until they support 9.x later on a update). Original Poster is running the latest firmware.

7. Plasmastar510

Plasmastar510 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 10, 2013
    United States
    My apologies for being rude then. Misunderstood the situation.

But no matter what firmware GateWay will be running on, it'll still perform (almost) exactly like the other flash carts. (I.E. Sky3DS) Albeit, like you said, GateWay doesn't support being ran on 9.x FirmWare atm.

8. CarefulCrysis
    OP

Jan 25, 2013
    Thanks for all the replies, there's no way I'm purchasing Cubic Ninja from any scumbags that have it on eBay or CEX for sure, It's a real shame that people have hoarded the game here in the UK to sell for mad prices. I remember this same kind of thing happening when the PSP first got hacked.

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    yeah i was thinking it was going to be one of them online only shorages but it seems all the shops have been raided too.....with it being such a cheap game it seems people didnt care about dropping £20-50 and getting like 30 copies to profit from....not only that i have a friend who works in cex who apparently got a call from "higher up" to pull any copy and adjust the price, so even the big stores are trying to cash in on it

10. CarefulCrysis
    OP

Jan 25, 2013
    Does anyone know if gateway will release a newer card along side the 9.2.0-20E supports? I'm about to purchase one and just wondering if it's best to hold off.

11. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    apparently its the same card and doesnt need any extra hardware to work...but i would say just wait for more info

12. CarefulCrysis
    OP

Jan 25, 2013
    Well I've decided to get a GW now and wait for 9.2 supports...waiting game now...

13. CarefulCrysis
    OP

Jan 25, 2013
    Gone and bagged a 3DS XL with FW 4.5.0-10E :D will this work with the most previous GW version?

14. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    Sure it only supports 4.5 you know. You could also go for mt-card since it supports now Pokemon and powersave.

15. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga

its dropping in price already, its down from £60 down to £45 buy it now on ebay.

16. CarefulCrysis
    OP

Jan 25, 2013
    Think the hypes wearing off now, to be fair I'm not buying into the Cubic Ninja thing now I have a GW on the way :D

17. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I'm 99% that NINJHAX will work fine from ROM on a Gateway on 9.x as it currently works fine on 4.x consoles.
    The last 1% is simply because it's not released yet, so no one can be 100% sure. But it's not likely that the update will break it, as there are a lot of patches applied in GW mode on 4.x (emuNAND or no emuNAND) and it still works fine there. ROMs in GW mode play exactly like real cartridges, with the exception of saving. GW didn't remove or change anything that could break the exploit and I doubt that will change when they release their 9.x update. If anything, the 9.x exploit would be patching even less things as it probably has less access on 9.x, it's quite likely that it just emulates a real cartridge like Sky3DS does but we'll have to wait and see on that part.

18. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Get a gateway, will be able to run cubic ninja which allows NINJHAX to run so you can have the best of both worlds that way (assuming you're on a 4.x firmware if not just go with Cubic Ninja!)

19. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    It's times like these that I miss going to Blockbuster and just RENT the motherfucking game without having to buy it.
    I know they'll have it in stock sooner or later.

Margen67 and Coltonamore like this.
  20. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves

Yeah, CEX in my area are full of scum working there. Mostly all pirates themselves with contacts in the scene hiding in plain sight behind the counter:P