SHOULD I GET AN ITOUCH DS OR AN EDGE

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by pacman_89, Jul 31, 2008.

Jul 31, 2008
  1. pacman_89
    OP

Newcomer pacman_89 Member

Canada
    ive decided to either get the itouch or the edge flashcart.....which is easier to use?

All i want from my flashcart is to be able to play DS games, watch movies, and listen to music without problems

2. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    That's easy. Acekard 2.
    And the interface is especially awesome.

3. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    GET AN EDGE.

DONT USE CAPS NEXT TIME.

4. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    I'd get the Edge. Check out the GBATemp reviews of both and make your own decision [​IMG]

5. pacman_89
    OP

Canada
    so is the Itouch DS not easy to use then? I read reviews for both and they both seemed solid.

I used to have an R4 and that was really easy to use but now that its in the dust i need something new

6. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    The iTouch's menu did update recently and it has gotten considerably faster than M3 Real's original firmware, but it still is a bit clunky. But the M3 team is considered to be pretty reliable.

Edge is a card I have heard multiple suggestions and it is very similar to the CycloDS's menu so I expect it to be faster than the iTouch's. Compatibility should be no problem compared to the iTouch's. There are a bit less features though(no RTS, RTG, ingame menu). And the team did make a clone... Or a cart that is VERY similar to the Cyclo, so it's a bit of a question.

7. pacman_89
    OP

Canada
    hmm interesting......ill be buying from kickgaming.com since im Canadian.....so if you guys could give the site a look and tell me which is the easiest flashcart to use, that i could buy from the site it would be great

8. 754boy

United States
    Well considering the Itouch is cheaper and honestly all these carts do the same thing, I'd go for it instead. But if you want more features then the Edge has more. But since its the same price as the Acekard 2, I'd probably get the Acekard instead.

Screw it and get a SCDS1 [​IMG]

9. zektor

Member zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Screw the rest and get the Edge. It is the best card on the market in that price range.

10. pacman_89
    OP

Canada
    im going to go with iTouch DS i hope you guys can help me with it when i get it

11. layzieyez

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My best friend on GBAtemp will personally help you with it all. His username is SEARCH FUNCTION. If you can't find him, then you'll just have to wait for someone else to reply to your questions.

12. Tanas

Member Tanas GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Get the EDGE the iTouch has amazingly bad build quality.

13. 754boy

United States
    Asswipe, the guy just was just asking nicely [​IMG] Yes, the search function is useful but the guy is new here and might need a little guidance still.

pacman_89, I won an iTouch in the contest and if no one else helps then I'd be glad too as soon as I get mine and tinker with it [​IMG]

14. pacman_89
    OP

Canada
    ok great sounds good [​IMG].......i just ordered mine today! ill PM you with my AIM

15. SG

Member SG GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    As already mentioned, get Acekard. It's got everything that Edge has an more. Just made the purchase myself.

16. layzieyez

United States
    Actually, I got an iTouch from DX and it didn't have the notorious clips. If you receive one of those, then you're getting an older version unloaded on you.

@754boy
    Talk to me when you are a 754man/adult. There is nothing insulting about my tone. No need to be getting all filled with internet testosterone or butt hurt. My friend SEARCH FUNCTION exists. He helped me when I first came here. I want him to help everyone.

17. PanzerWF

Member PanzerWF GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Well I'd get an AK2 as well, since it seems the batch of DOA carts are finally gone.

18. pacman_89
    OP

Canada
    whats this clip? i ordered my itouch from kickgaming so i hope i get the good version

PS: i used the search function and i havent found any guides for the itouch besides a mediocore .pdf file, so tell your friend to hook me up

19. layzieyez

United States
    The link is to the triple boot for M3 Real Sakura iTouch DS firmware
    from this thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=90978

That's a good starting point.