Hacking Should I get a Supercard DSTWO for my DS Phat?

Radiobread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I find the integrated CPU to be really attractive for my purposes, so I'm already considering getting this flash card.

I'm planning to create a GBA ROM hack, and I know that there's a GBA emulator for this thing which is really good for testing and everything. I also want to be able to dump saves to and from my PC, as well as play a couple of DS games. (mainly Pokemon Platinum and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn). It's gonna be awesome getting hooked up to a homebrew GTS server as well!

So I'm already considering buying this flashcard as it seems brilliant at the purposes I want it for. However, it does seem to have a lot of built-in stuff which I never like about computer products. Can I get rid of things I don't want so I can make room to comfortably access the features I want? (as in, don't have stuff I don't want installed). Also, will it be able to run things smoothly on my DS Phat?

Thanks very much for help. If you don't think the Supercard DSTWO is a good flashcard for me, can you recommend another one? It has to be compatible with the original DS Phat.

Rocc0

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Any flashcart is compatible with the original phat DS, but if you want the best GBA emulation, you have no choice but to buy the DSTwo. Just remember that emulation on the DS generally is far from perfect.

I'm not sure I understand your question about built-in stuff correctly, but I don't think DSTwo comes preloaded with anything you would call bloatware like windows laptops or android phones tend to do. It should run just fine for the purposes it is made for, it doesn't make a difference if you are running it on phat DS or 3DS.

I'm curious, could you elaborate what features you do you wish to remove?

Xygrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, ds two... you can go with other emulators than the supercard website... if you look at the money ds two and time investment .. you might consider the gcw zero... a little more money... much better quality emulators ... that don't feell like emulators...
Its fairly new and the emulators and options keep getting better all the time.. with the clock speed at 1000 MHz (okay 1ghz) it has a lot of power. It uses the micro sd card (fat 32 format) . Its worth considering ... I can not actually play gba games on the ds two card... many stutter.. crash...or run slower... (although most are not that bad)(there must be a database of game compatibility somewhere)

If it has to be ds phat.. ds two is the winner.. and you can remove most other emulators and menu options... I seem to recall ... there are skins... and custom menus... (make it look like an iphone)

Have FUN!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: