Hacking Should i get a slot-1 cart?

lava123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should i get a slot one cart? and if so which one? Please dont suggest supercard two because i dont have 40$ to spend because i just bought a ezflash-iv. I guess i just want to play ds games, not sure what else. Thanks so much

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Should i get a slot one cart? and if so which one? Please dont suggest supercard two because i dont have 40$ to spend because i just bought a ezflash-iv. I guess i just want to play ds games, not sure what else. Thanks so much
it's either DSTwo or R4i Gold 3DS. All others imo aren't as good. r4i Gold 3DS is like the cheaper one, but best quality of the cheap DS flash carts.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does anyone know a good site to buy from? With updates firmware

R4 clones will have the 3DS version listed that the cart supports. If your 3DS has a firmware version of higher than what is listed that the R4 has listed, you should be looking for a different R4 clone to buy. If there is no listed version support by the R4 clone, it is likely a VERY old version that is no longer supported.

In general, the majority of R4 clones don't get updates. You don't update your R4 clone, you buy a new R4 clone if you end up updating your 3DS/XL/LL/2DS. They are ultra cheap for a reason, they don't have updateable firmware.

lava123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 clones will have the 3DS version listed that the cart supports. If your 3DS has a firmware version of higher than what is listed that the R4 has listed, you should be looking for a different R4 clone to buy. If there is no listed version support by the R4 clone, it is likely a VERY old version that is no longer supported.

In general, the majority of R4 clones don't get updates. You don't update your R4 clone, you buy a new R4 clone if you end up updating your 3DS/XL/LL/2DS. They are ultra cheap for a reason, they don't have updateable firmware.

what you just said makes no sense to me... I have a dsi xl on 1.4.5 not a 3ds. Do you know a site where they would have an r4 updated to 1.4.5?
and also i looked on nds-card and it says this, but then it says only up to 1.44 but on the r4 site it has an update for 1.4.5
We will update its latest kernel or firmware to support 3DS V9.4.0-21U/E/J before shipping it out(from 2014-3-3).-

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
migles already gave you a link to one. If you don't want to buy from china, below is to a vendor that is alot closer.

here is another one:
http://www.modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html

----

Should have seen your account is only recent, R4 clones get 1 or 2 updates then get dropped and you have to buy a new one if your a update handheld all the time. Since you just need it for a DSi you don't need to worry about it as much.

lava123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
migles already gave you a link to one. If you don't want to buy from china, below is to a vendor that is alot closer.

here is another one:

----

Should have seen your account is only recent, R4 clones get 1 or 2 updates then get dropped and you have to buy a new one if your a update handheld all the time. Since you just need it for a DSi you don't need to worry about it as much.

so even though it says up to 1.44 it will be 1.4.5?
oh sorry i just saw your site above, can you vouch for this site yourself?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
it says 1.4.5 for both

http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

lava123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vouch for what? it's customer service?, never had to use the customer service to really comment. I had no problems with them so far, if that is what you mean.

I have order a Sky3DS, the R4i and a xenoGC from them and got them all within a week.

Ok, im going to order should i pay 9.99 for a kingston 8gb? or is like the ezflash where it can't be above 2gb?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"