jandy999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys.

Yesterday I went on YouTube and watched some PS3 trailers for games, and it was totally SICK!!!
(COD: Modern warfare 2, Assassin's Creed II)

I've got a Playstation 2 though, and I was just wondering if it's worth the money to get a PS3 or just stick with my PS2.

Or...I could wait for PS4 to come out (If there is going to be one). Right now I'm tossing between the 'waiting for new console' idea, or just going ahead and buying a PS3 for Christmas.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks,
Jandy999

PS. There is the same topic at General Discussions sub forum, but then I found this one.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't... yet
The games you mention(and 95% ps3 titles) are on Xbox 360 too and this one can be modded for backup ; not the PS3.
But that just me.
Or wait for the PS3 to get hacked (If it ever get).

D

Deleted User

Sao Mortel said:
I wouldn't... yet
The games you mention(and 95% ps3 titles) are on Xbox 360 too and this one can be modded for backup ; not the PS3.
But that just me.
Yeah i agree with Sao Mortel you can mod a 360 but not a PS3

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
It depends, if your friends are on PSN then get a PS3, but if they're on XBOX live then get an xbox 360 because they have more or less the same games (apart from exclusives like halo and uncharted) oh and dont forget the fact that PSN is free
biggrin.gif

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
If you don't mind paying for your games, want free access to online and want a few more exclusives, your best bet is to go with a PS3, not to mention the built-in WLAN, you can pick up a 120GB Slim for about £200 now, i got my 250GB Uncharted 2 bundle for £280.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has so many good exclusives
God of War 3
Uncharted 1 an 2
Infamous ( 2 was confirmed by evoiceactor of cole)
Littlebigplanet

and tons of others!

jandy999

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for the replies. After reading them and discussing the topic with my friend who owns a Playstation 3...I can just imagine myself at Christmas unwrapping that slim ps3
smile.gif
. lol. Can't wait!!!

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sao Mortel said:
I wouldn't... yet
But that just me.
let us say the PS3 will be hacked (or maybe not?) how much does a BD burner cost? how much is one BD? still costly right? yes they do have fancy graphics and stuff but after playing or beating the game...no fun anymore...so much for the cost invested for it. i am sure they will still reduce their very costly product even further. definitely not worth it to buy it for now.

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some other good black friday deals if your looking to get a ps3.

BestBuy - Sony PlayStation 3 120GB Slim Bundle w/ FREE Little Big Planet: GOTY Edition and Ratchet And Clank Future: A Crack In Time for $299.99 (Friday Doorbuster starting at 5am)

Walmart - PS3 120Gig $299.00
(includes games Infamous, Batman: Arkham Asylum; Blu-Ray : The Dark Knight)(5am Doorbuster)

source: cheapassgamer.com

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would get one. You could use it as a blu ray player. I purchased one to use as a blu ray player, but I aslo enjoy a game of Little Big Planet!

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
Sao Mortel said:
I wouldn't... yet
But that just me.

let us say the PS3 will be hacked (or maybe not?) how much does a BD burner cost? how much is one BD? still costly right? yes they do have fancy graphics and stuff but after playing or beating the game...no fun anymore...so much for the cost invested for it. i am sure they will still reduce their very costly product even further. definitely not worth it to buy it for now.
PS3 has far more exclusives than 360, so 95% is utter bullshit. And you do realize you don't have to hack your console, you can actually buy games too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool