Gaming Should I get a pre-owned HDD (revised)?

What should I do?

• Get pre-owned HDD, keep Xbox, buy Kinect separately

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extreme Makeover: Xbox Edition

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday, I posted this question on Ask 'Temp. The responses aren't really that relevant, although the DIY recommendation is nice but I kinda suck at modding and stuff. I decided to make a thread since "answering to my own question" just looks wrong and that I just look "silly" to some people thinking that I'll get a pre-owned HDD AND ditching it for a newer one immediately.

Should I get the pre-owned HDD (120GB), keep my old Xbox (which is still working fine *knocks on wood* and just buy the Kinect separately or go for a total upgrade by selling my Xbox for the 250GB Kinect bundle. If I go for the latter, I won't buy the pre-owned HDD.

Thanks
smile.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.Delete any games, or demos you don't play.
2.Keep the XBOX 360 you have now.
3.Trade it in later for the XBOX 360 Slim Bundle.

Which is cheaper? Buying Kinect+Buying the Upgraded HDD, or buying the 250GB XBOX 360 Slim Kinect Bundle?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
RoxasIsSora said:
1.Delete any games, or demos you don't play.
2.Keep the XBOX 360 you have now.
3.Trade it in later for the XBOX 360 Slim Bundle.

Which is cheaper? Buying Kinect+Buying the Upgraded HDD, or buying the 250GB XBOX 360 Slim Kinect Bundle?
The thing is, is it actually worth buying the HDD second-hand? I haven't really experienced any problems regarding second hand stuff in my life so far but having a 2nd hand HDD just sounds so risky to me.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Gamestop? I have a second hand 60GB Refurbished HDD that runs perfectly. Besides if something happens just return it.
happy.gif

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see you chose my answer. Lets put it this way.

1. The old 360 is supposed to have LT+ (play backups with ap2.5 safely on live) within hours of this posting, according to sources. The slim has yet to be hacked.

2. You can buy the HDD I posted the link of my answer and a Kinect separately to for roughly €185. That's €115 cheaper than the 250GB Kinect bundle.

3. If you decide to upgrade to the slim in the future, save on buying the 4GB model, take the 250GB HDD out of the 360 sidecar case, and install it in the slim. Therefore giving you a slim with 250GB + Kinect.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you NEED LT+ then just stick with your old one and grab the kinect + HDD, upgrade to slim 4gb later, and swap hdd like hundshamer said. But the 4gb isn't a fingerprint magnet if you care for that.

I wouldn't worry about a second hand 360 hard drive, unless it was obviously dropped, taken apart/tampered with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?