Should I get a PAL or a US Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Shinigami Kiba, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Shinigami Kiba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2007
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    Guess it's time for me to buy a Wii even though I've been a Wii hater for so long [​IMG]
    SMG seems awesome and I absolutely have to have the game.
    So anyway, I can't make up my mind on whether or not I should get a US or a PAL System, seeing as how modchips don't really make the system 100% region free theres always the chance that playing NTSC games on a PAL Wii is going to somehow mess up your system, so I was thinking of getting a US Wii.
    Not only that, but most games usually come out in the US first and some never even make it over here in Europe. Plus the US Wii is cheaper, where I live a modded Wii is 330 euros, that's over 400 bucks so I plan on buying a pre-modded US Wii online if I can or something, but I'll think about that.

So, what do you guys think? IMO it's best for me to get a US Wii, mod that with Wiikey and hope for the best.

2. ConraDargo

ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Dec 29, 2003
    Sweden
    US. Totally worth the "hassel" of importing one. You've already pointed out the reasons as to why you should do it: 1. The US usually gets the good titles before EU does and 2. the console, its accessories and all the games will be cheaper that way - including VC titles.

3. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Oct 28, 2007
    Are PAL Gamecube backups going to work on a modded US Wii

4. Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

Aug 7, 2007
    United States
    yeah the wiikey has full region free with GC backups I think just not wii backups

5. Zesto

Zesto Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2007
    United States
    Since it's cheaper and has more advantages, just do it.

6. manias

manias GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 7, 2007
    Netherlands
    NO they are NOT all going to work, only those that support 60hz. Others will _not_ work on an ntsc wii

7. Shinigami Kiba
    OP

Oct 28, 2007
    Is there a compatibility list of what PAL games work with US Wiis?

8. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
    Kind of: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=GC...patibility_List

Keep in mind that PAL Wiis can output a 60Hz signal fine, but NTSC Wiis can't output a 50Hz signal.