Hacking Should I get a new Dstt or Acekard 2?

killer7xx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My ndstt's microsd slot recently stopped working and I am thinking of getting a new card, should I get the acekard 2 or the ndstt again? Up to now which is about 6/7 months my ndstt has been fine ever since the slot broke ( i think i pulled the micro sd card out by accident) or should I get the acekard 2 which people say is better. im aware that the build quality of the acekard might be inferior to the ndstt but their game support is about the same isnt it, also the nsdtt's menu looks easier to navigate than the acekard's.

Af few more questions about the acekard:
1.will it work with ewin 3 in 1?
2. what is bliss menu and what does it do?

thank you for taking your time to read this and have a nice day!
smile.gif

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
killer7xx said:
My ndstt's microsd slot recently stopped working and I am thinking of getting a new card, should I get the acekard 2 or the ndstt again? Up to now which is about 6/7 months my ndstt has been fine ever since the slot broke ( i think i pulled the micro sd card out by accident) or should I get the acekard 2 which people say is better. im aware that the build quality of the acekard might be inferior to the ndstt but their game support is about the same isnt it, also the nsdtt's menu looks easier to navigate than the acekard's.

Af few more questions about the acekard:
1.will it work with ewin 3 in 1?
2. what is bliss menu and what does it do?

thank you for taking your time to read this and have a nice day!
smile.gif

Yes AceKard 2 is better, it has more features.

1) Yes.
2) A user-made menu that's better than the real one, Bri or someone else will explain more.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too familiar with DSTT, but I would have to highly recommend the Acekard 2. I have been a Cyclo guy, ever since first trying it almost a year ago. Since switching I have purchased 6 new Cyclos altogether. But, I have also owned R4 and DSLink. In fact, I just traded a member here my old R4 in exchange for his Acekard 2. He had an extra Acekard and needed to write a review of R4, so he was looking for a trading partner. As soon as I got the Acekard from him, I was impressed with it. My youngest daughter is now using it in her DS and she said she likes it much better than the R4 she had. The Gui is very clean and user-friendly. We've used it for several of the so-called problem games, and had no compatibility issues. And for about $25, it's hard to go wrong. I would still choose the Cyclo (about $50) as my #1 favorite, but if it didn't exist, next in line would probably be an Acekard 2.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Go for Acekard 2.

Bliss's menu is a modified version of the official OS with quite a few modifications.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chaotic_geo said:
If you wanna play in style, get an M3DS Real alongside the M3Sakura firmware.
smile.gif

Besides the M3 Real being more expensive than the AK2, I prefer the AK2 Bliss menu to M3Sakura.

-Bri

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
SleepingDragon said:
Not too familiar with DSTT, but I would have to highly recommend the Acekard 2. I have been a Cyclo guy, ever since first trying it almost a year ago. Since switching I have purchased 6 new Cyclos altogether. But, I have also owned R4 and DSLink. In fact, I just traded a member here my old R4 in exchange for his Acekard 2. He had an extra Acekard and needed to write a review of R4, so he was looking for a trading partner. As soon as I got the Acekard from him, I was impressed with it. My youngest daughter is now using it in her DS and she said she likes it much better than the R4 she had. The Gui is very clean and user-friendly. We've used it for several of the so-called problem games, and had no compatibility issues. And for about $25, it's hard to go wrong. I would still choose the Cyclo (about $50) as my #1 favorite, but if it didn't exist, next in line would probably be an Acekard 2.
Lol, I didn't have an extra I just never used it anymore, I glad you guys like it and it works fine!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you may sound like an idiot.

You didn't really explain what you mean by "my acekard 2 crashes the DS and is a pile of doodoo" but you might want to post in the Acekard section for help.

If your AK2 freezes consistently when loading games, you may have gotten a bad one. It is known that there was a bad batch of them, and the problem has been acknowledged and corrected by Acekard.

It's highly unlikely you'd get a bad one now, but if you do you can exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

bulletmark

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a happy G6 real owner but bought a couple of TT's just recently for some friends while OS. I'm quite impressed.

The AK2 uses a proprietary file system which is a crap idea. It means you need special software installed on any PC where you want to use it and you can't use it on any mac or linux PC. So I'd recommend the TT over the AK2 on this issue alone.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ummmm...I don't know where you got your information from, but you're entirely wrong. The AK2 uses the same FAT16 or FAT32 file system that nearly all carts use. I have both a DSTT and an AK2.

The DSTT is a fine cart, particularly for kids or adults who need/want an extremely simple menu. All .nds files on the card are displayed in a single list regardless of what folders they are in, meaning that you don't have to navigate into folders which makes it extremely simple to use. Unfortunately, it doesn't even sort the ROMs alphabetically, nor does it have many common features found on other carts such as the ability to launch GBA games without a loader.

For most people, the DSTT doesn't even compare to the AK2.

-Bri

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
^That was the old Acekard, Acecard1 if you like^

I too like the DSTT, it's very fast and reliable. I have bought a few DSTT's and SCDS1's from DX and the DSTT coupled with the 2GB Kingston, also from DX, runs really well. There's absolutely no menu lag and passes all the speed tests like Castelvania DOS video with ease, I don't see much wrong with it myself, if it has RTS it would be awesome imo.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm a fan of both cards but if I had to choose one out of the two, I'd go for the Acekard2, it has a much better menu and better features, and if you're ever planning on buying a 3 in 1 anytime in the future the alternative Bliss menu for the Acekard2 has very good GBA support.

I couldn't imagine anyone who owns both cards would choose the TTDS over the Acekard2, but then again I might be wrong, either way I dont think that you will be dissapointed in whatever one you choose. Just dont buy the EZFlash V+ or the itouch, otherwise I think that you will be dissapointed.

psxiso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ice Cold said:
AK2. You shouldn't even be asking. The pros of the AK2 outweigh those of the TT.

Can you be more specific.
Alots of Ak2 owner proud of the Menu, but what goods is the menu if it doesn't do well on it main purpose.
Go to AK2 section and see how many people post about the Fat error then eventually broke down, no doubt the fact that AK2 hardware is not as reliable as DSTT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."