Should I get a Lite...

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by mcbey, Jan 13, 2007.

Jan 13, 2007

Should I get a Lite... by mcbey at 4:14 AM (1,174 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. mcbey
    OP

Member mcbey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey, well the R4 I bought has totally reinvigurated my faith in my DS, But i was wondering with the money I have left over, should I get a DS Lite. I have plenty of christmas money lest over, and if I trade in mt Phat I should have enough for a Lite. Is it worth it? And whats the most I could get for my Phat?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Luckily, I sold my DS on the day of the Australian release of the DSL. If you make the conversion now (and intend to do so by selling the original DS), you may not get enough, as interest in the DS Phat has faded.

3. xler8

Newcomer xler8 Advanced Member

United States

I enjoy playing games etc so much more on my ds lite. the increased brightness makes a huge difference for me. smaller size means I carry it around more too as it fits in a normal pocket.

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    For the money you'll get for the Phat it won't be worth trading in. Thats unless at a gamestore they have a special offer on if you trade one in for a lite. You'll be lucky to get $40 off the price of a lite by trading in the phat. If you want a lite, buy one and use the phat for a spare DS.

5. Philosophy

Newcomer Philosophy Advanced Member

United States
    There's no reason for you not to get a Lite if you are able to do so. One thing about Nintendo is that when they do remake their products, they end up better in the end..(greater features, etc.) The increased screen resolution, fourth brightness setting, mic location, and size make it well worth the purchase. Once you get a light, the only caveat you will have is what color. Unless the rumor is true and they come out with one with larger screens. Plus if you get tired of the color you can always replace the case.

6. slowness

Newcomer slowness Member

United States
    i cant agree on this more, trading in your fat just rips you off pretty badly (i dont have one a phat only DSL) but anyways if i did i'd keep it and get a DSL seperate just because one day they won't be selling th phat anymore and its gona be a history (if you only care about sentimental values) lol but other reviews say if you really dont want it you should trade it in because DSL is better in all ways some how.

7. mcbey
    OP

Member mcbey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well forget trading in my Phat. Why do that when I can trade in a crappy SP?

LOOK HERE - KOOL TRADE-IN OFFER

I can get 50$ off a DS when I trade in an SP. Im going to try to trade my

8. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    OMFG, $50 of Wii with Gamecube trade-in?! Why didn't EB pull this out of their asses 2 months ago?! Stupid EB...Only 25 bucks for Gamecube...grumblegrumblemumblies... [​IMG]