Should I get a JPN N3DS or settle for a NA N3DS XL?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Zephyriuum, May 22, 2015.

?

What do you think I should choose?

1. Normal N3DS with regionFOUR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Just get a NA N3DS XL, the effort to get the JPN console region-free isn't worth the reward.

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Zephyriuum
    OP

Zephyriuum Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Hi guys I don't have an old 3DS with firmware 9.2 or lower so it's not possible for me to create a NA normal N3DS.(Found out about the whole flashcart scene AFTER updating unfortunately).
    So I heard about the new regionFOUR that to my understanding allows us games to play on JPN systems.
    I really want those interchangeable faceplates and the smaller size.
    I'm also wondering;
    Does MH4U work on regionFOUR and if so can I play online?

2. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    you could get a jap n3ds small with a gateway and change the region of emunand, i did that with my jap smash xl n3ds

3. wolverine067

wolverine067 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2015
    United States
    I purchased a Japanese N3ds and was able to play my american games using NTR CFW. Region Four should work for you so long as you don't get a console with a more recent firmware. My console shipped with 8.1 and I bought it on amazon last month. Smash Brothers would not let me save however because it needed my system to be updated. Monster Hunter 4 worked just fine. I have not tried it online so I cannot say whether or not that will work.

4. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    Bigger screen on the XL is so worth it.

19cookies likes this.