Hacking Should I get a flashcart or an emulator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would flashcarts be better for playing GBA/DS/NES/SNES games on the 3DS? I also found out about DSiMenu++ but I was just wondering what the best option is in terms of compatibility, speed, lack of issues, etc.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA can't have a flashcart on the 3DS, use Virtual Console injection (Which is not emulation, the 3DS has an embedded GBA).
Use a flashcart for DS games
You can't use a flashcart for NES/SNES games on a 3DS, use an emulator/VC injection.

JustAGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA can't have a flashcart on the 3DS, use Virtual Console injection (Which is not emulation, the 3DS has an embedded GBA).
Use a flashcart for DS games
You can't use a flashcart for NES/SNES games on a 3DS, use an emulator/VC injection.

Oh, I didn't know that.

Do you have any recommendations for any specific flashcart or are any of them fine?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Gold doesn't fit in my 3DS for some reason. It's debated which has better battery life. I think the DS2+ does, it seems to vary depending on manufacturing batch though.

JustAGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Gold doesn't fit in my 3DS for some reason. It's debated which has better battery life. I think the DS2+ does, it seems to vary depending on manufacturing batch though.

Ah, I see.

If I already have CFW on my 3DS, there's no reason to get the DS2+ right? I'm fine with either the Gold or the standard DS2?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason to get the old DS2 over the + since they're the same price outside China.

Souperman9

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Would flashcarts be better for playing GBA/DS/NES/SNES games on the 3DS? I also found out about DSiMenu++ but I was just wondering what the best option is in terms of compatibility, speed, lack of issues, etc.
For DS games, DSiMenu++ works like a dream and can do the full speed of a cart. It can also run Gameboy and GBA games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/