Hacking Should I get a DSTWO?

mrreow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS is on 4.2.0-9U. I've been using an AK2i so far without incident, but I want to play some upcoming 3DS releases (while retaining the ability to use flashcart)

If I buy a DSTWO will it work on the firmware version I have, out of the box? Or would I need to update it on a DSLite or something first?

Thanks if anyone can help me out.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
In theory, as long as your DSTwo has a fairly recent firmware update (1.11 or 1.13 or something like that) you can update it on the 3DS even if it won't fully boot by renaming dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat and leaving it on the "an error has occurred" screen for 5 minutes.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
In theory, as long as your DSTwo has a fairly recent firmware update (1.11 or 1.13 or something like that) you can update it on the 3DS even if it won't fully boot by renaming dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat and leaving it on the "an error has occurred" screen for 5 minutes.

actually it was introducted in Firmware 1.09
now its up to 1.19 tho now and EOS 1.11
and sometimes theres not even a firmware patch needed, it can have the EOS kernel updated and works

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
actually it was introducted in Firmware 1.09
now its up to 1.19 tho now and EOS 1.11
and sometimes theres not even a firmware patch needed, it can have the EOS kernel updated and works

Ok, though I heard it really wasn't very stable until a couple of releases after that (1.10 or 1.11).

mrreow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the information everyone. So if I buy a DSTwo, I should be able to use it on my 4.2.0-9U 3DS without any problems, right? And then update the 3DS to the latest version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ngNaUaQOfPU