Should I get a DS Lite with a Card or DSi with a Card?

What should I buy?

• DS Lite, and another M3 Real and GBA Expansion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DS Lite, an M3 Zero and GBA Expansion

• DSi, and a M3 Zero

• DS Lite, and a SuperCard DSTWO, maybe a GBA Expansion also

• DSi, and a SuperCard DSTWO

• Buy another card(Respond)

• Other(Respond)

• Total voters

Ocarina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello

About two years ago I should my DS Lite, and bought a PSP 3000, mistake I know, damn Sony and there anti homebrew motherboards and firmwares. Still I've had fun with my PSP, even more since the HBL came out, however, I miss my DS and it's homebrew, my friends are also getting back into them, and I want one much more now the new Zelda and Pokemon games are out. I wish a full CFW for a PSP 3000 would come out, so I could use it for GBA games, ohwell, I know no one knows how to make one at this point...

However, when I sold my DS, I kept my card, an M3 Real, with the Sakura Firmware and a GBA Expansion(Very nice card), I put it away, but annoyingly though, like an idiot, I've lost it, I hope someone hasn't stolen it, ohwell. If I buy another flash card, and find my old one, which I probably will eventually, I'll sell my old one or keep it for homebrew testing and fun, which is my hobby I suppose.

I'm now left with some options:
1. Buy a DS Lite, and another M3 Real and GBA Expansion, or find my old set.
2. Almost like (1.) Buy a DS Lite, an M3 Zero and GBA Expansion.
3. Buy a DSi, and a M3 Zero, no GBA games though.
4. Buy a DS Lite, and a SuperCard DSTWO, maybe a GBA Expansion also.
5. Buy a DSi, and a SuperCard DSTWO.(Which I'm leaning towards the most so far)

I've heard, since I've gotten back into the DS homebrew scene, that the DSTWO is a very good card, and it has a built in CPU for GBA emulation, I'm guessing this wouldn't be as good as a GBA Expansion, but would be playable. The other problem with a DSTWO though, is the Sakura Firmware, I really enjoyed using this on my M3 Real and from what I hear people can get it to work on there other cards, but I'm not sure.
So in the end, I'm left with some questions:

Should I care about GBA games as much?
Should I care about a DSi as much?
Should I just wait for PSP homebrew to improve? (Which it probably will, but it might take awhile...)
Can the DSTWO use the Sakura Firmware?
Is the DSTWO Firmware just as good if not better than the Sakura Firmware?
Is the DSTWO GBA emulation just as good if not better than a GBA Expansion?
Are there any other cards I should consider?

Thank you very much for reading, if you have any ideas, please go ahead and tell me.
Please leave a response or vote.
yaynds.gif
yaypsp.gif

Ocarina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Infinite Zero said:
Your best bet is the DSi with a SCDS2 with a gba expansion pack.
Yeah, I was guessing that, but there wouldn't be any point in buying a GBA Expansion pack, since there's no slot 2 on a DSi, my only option is the built in gba emulation that comes with the DSTWO, for DSi.

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't really know what to tell you...

I have a DSi and a Lite,
I have my AceKard2i and I'm gonna get a GBA expansion soon.
I'm gonna use my Lite with the GBA expansion for GBA emulation.

I wouldn't get a SCDS2 cause I already have an AK2i and the SCDS2's GBA emulation has a slight frameskip while the expansion doesn't.
So.. yea that's pretty much it.

Ocarina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
doeo said:
I have a DSi and a Lite,
Well, what would you choose if you could only have one, DSi or DS Lite with a GBA Expansion?

doeo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ocarina said:
doeo said:
I have a DSi and a Lite,
Well, what would you choose if you could only have one, DSi or DS Lite with a GBA Expansion?

If I really only had to pick 1, then I'd say DSi with SCDS2.

But what about migrating Pokemon?
And playing Guitar Hero on DS?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
Make your own choice.... there's like 10 of these threads. DSLITE, itouch DS/DSTwo and bam you are set.

Wynd
iTouch DS? That forgotten budget cart of M3's? Why not just get an M3i Zero of you want something from M3?

d3monsting

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the cheaper peeps:
OPTION 1: Get DSi+AK2i to quickly have fun with stuff, fun and cheap....
OPTION 2: Get DSi and wait until the DSi mode is *clicked*, and then get one of those flashcarts, unless that one magical *new* flashcart will still be able to be used once DSi mode is *clicked*.

(I have OPTION 1)
smile.gif

Best Wishes.
smile.gif
)

Ocarina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
CamulaHikari said:
Depends since you mentioned GBA I would say DS Lite, with Acekard 2i with a GBA expansion. The Acekard 2i doens't cost that much and with AKAIO (newest version just came out yesterday) there's a lot to do.
Yeah, a few people have mentioned the Acekard 2i now, I can remember when the Acekard R.P.G came out, everyone thought it was awesome, mainly because it was the first card(as far as I know) to let you cut, copy and delete files, I haven't really thought about purchasing one though, from what I just looked up it seems the AKAIO Firmware is a M3 Sakura equivalent for the Acekard, so that may be interesting, I would have to think about it.

Gordinio said:
iTouch DS? That forgotten budget cart of M3's? Why not just get an M3i Zero of you want something from M3?
I do really like M3/G6, but I can't be a fanboy, if somethings better, which it looks like there is, then I have to get that, however, if I get a DS Lite then I may get a M3 Zero, for the Sakura Firmware.

wyndcrosser said:
Make your own choice....
Yeah I do apologize, I do know there are a lot of threads like this, I just don't want to buy a DS and Card and be disappointed if I could have gotten better.

QUOTE(Njrg @ Jun 5 2010, 09:04 PM)
Apparently DSLite is being dropped from production. Might be cheaper than ever to buy one soon.
If that's the case, it won't happen for a little while, which is kind of annoying, considering I want to buy one in the next week, which reminds me, (I'll be buying my DS in a week, it's not like I'll go out and buy one tomorrow or anything, so believe me, I'm listening to your ideas)
wink.gif

Ocarina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
alidsl said:
What's the point in cycloDS when an SCDStwo is ~same price and supports ALOT more
I agree, I understand people still enjoy there old cards, such as the R4, DSTT and EDGE, which are the most popular cards, they still do there job, but they have aged, especially the R4, heaps of people with a DS own one, but they don't realize they can get a better card now. There's not that many features on the old cards that compare to the newer cards, I think it's worth the extra $20-$30 for the newer cards and there features.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
Ocarina said:
alidsl said:
What's the point in cycloDS when an SCDStwo is ~same price and supports ALOT more
I agree, I understand people still enjoy there old cards, such as the R4, DSTT and EDGE, which are the most popular cards, they still do there job, but they have aged, especially the R4, heaps of people with a DS own one, but they don't realize they can get a better card now. There's not that many features on the old cards, that compare to the newer cards.

I realise it but A I have no easy way of getting one and B I can't be asked
biggrin.gif

Ocarina

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Matthew said:
I realise it but A I have no easy way of getting one and B I can't be asked
biggrin.gif
I know you would know you could get a better card, and most people on this site would.
wink.gif
I meant the people who buy cards just knowing they can play backups and homebrew(average people), not actually realizing what they are and that you can get different models.
It shows you the company did a good job and made a good card though, originally, if people are still using it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2