Hacking Question Should i fear brick code from SX core now that xecuter's sued and likely dead?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Exactly why the source code needs to be given or stolen before it's too late!
I agree, but I don't think it would be in TX' best interest to release source code in their current situation. That might not be looked too favorably on by the court. I suppose an anonymous leaker could leak it though...

SrsRobert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This is just what i gathered, i'm sure there are people better informed out there.
In theory there is the possibility that Atmosphere can run on the SX chip. Is there enough "will" to do that? I don't know, i don't think people who develop this sort of stuff cares about V2 users, not enough V2 users to justify the effort? Or maybe there is something in the works but it's hush hush?

Last edited by SrsRobert,

janobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only two of the crew arrested. Rest of the crew are still out there, and I believe xecuter lives in a country with no extradition treaty to the US

Reactions: ELY_M

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This is just what i gathered, i'm sure there are people better informed out there.
In theory there is the possibility that Atmosphere can run on the SX chip. Is there enough "will" to do that? I don't know, i don't think people who develop this sort of stuff cares about V2 users, not enough V2 users to justify the effort? Or maybe there is something in the works but it's hush hush?
They have stated pretty clearly they have no intentions to support Mariko and that will probably not change until there is a public Mariko exploit, as none of the Switch devs (besides blawar) want to support TX.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Only two of the crew arrested. Rest of the crew are still out there, and I believe xecuter lives in a country with no extradition treaty to the US
Exactly, they won't get the guy out of Shenzhen. Does anyone even know why's responsible for the boot.dat updates? If it's the guy in china, then we're all set for a while. If it's NOT him, then he's gonna have to get good at coding, and fast.

janobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly, they won't get the guy out of Shenzhen. Does anyone even know why's responsible for the boot.dat updates? If it's the guy in china, then we're all set for a while. If it's NOT him, then he's gonna have to get good at coding, and fast.

chen I believe is the hardware supplier/contact. I don’t believe he does any of the coding. I doubt this will stop tx they’ll likely hire new devs and keep on trucking

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah 2 people isn't the team. Basically it just seems they caught the advertisers or promoters if anything dealing with retailers Gary was kinda doing that here on sxos update threads. Just a hunch, but feds probably made uberchips give them names. Unless China does anything that main sxos site isn't going anywhere so support can still happen. The only real issue is selling the product within the US/UK

Reactions: ELY_M

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah 2 people isn't the team. Basically it just seems they caught the advertisers or promoters if anything dealing with retailers Gary was kinda doing that here on sxos update threads. Just a hunch, but feds probably made uberchips give them names. Unless China does anything that main sxos site isn't going anywhere so support can still happen. The only real issue is selling the product within the US/UK
Incorrect, Max was the owner of TX. He hold all the money, and most likely laundered it via O-P-A that Gary owns. Gary was the distributor for sure. I wouldn't be surprised Chen was only the middle man in China. But rumor has it, the coder was from Shenzen so it might be the guy. But he probably gone "fuck this" and went in to hiding. Why? Because of Tencent.

EDIT: Also US and China have cooperated before for example - https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2007/07/chinese-pirates-busted-with-500-million-of-software/

Last edited by linuxares,
Reactions: Rahkeesh

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incorrect, Max was the owner of TX. He hold all the money, and most likely laundered it via O-P-A that Gary owns. Gary was the distributor for sure. I wouldn't be surprised Chen was only the middle man in China. But rumor has it, the coder was from Shenzen so it might be the guy. But he probably gone "fuck this" and went in to hiding. Why? Because of Tencent.
Well we all don't know whats going behind the scenes. We just know the team isn't caught for the whole project to die over in days when someone still holds the money and is probably operating on more chips. 2 mice were caught in a trap, but the cheese is still missing. So now we have threads popping up daily over insecurity whereabouts of the sxos.
:China and the US aren't exactly on good terms now especially with Covid/tiktok situaton.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well we all don't know whats going behind the scenes. We just know the team isn't caught for the whole project to die over in days when someone still holds the money and is probably operating on more chips. 2 mice were caught in a trap, but the cheese is still missing. So now we have threads popping up daily over insecurity whereabouts of the sxos.
That's the thing. We don't know how many that are actually busted. It's obvious the FBI got access to the internal emails. So if they're in Europe, arrests might accrue or even happened already.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They have stated pretty clearly they have no intentions to support Mariko and that will probably not change until there is a public Mariko exploit, as none of the Switch devs (besides blawar) want to support TX.
Mariko support is literally the next thing on SciresM’s todo list for Atmosphere :thonk:

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_0121.jpeg
This was the most recent mention of it shrugs

SoulOfGazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

EDIT: Also US and China have cooperated before for example - https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2007/07/chinese-pirates-busted-with-500-million-of-software/

Wrong Bowser was just the shilling web puppet of Max , Max did and carried out all the distribution via Supreme Factory and China Distrib sites. Bowser doesn't even know any of the Chinese guys as his job was basically to just be a poodle to Max's desires.

BTW Nintendo are now in control of the servers and IP's etc I believe they are working on pushing out a 'legitimate' TX update for SXOS which will include some surprised for all you nasty horrid thieving pirates.

Anyone who connects to their servers now is a dumb fool

Also all purchase records of TX stuff from the last 5 years is now in the authorities hands lets hope all you who hjave been buying en mass form their sites over the years have paid all your taxed correctly as you WILL be getting nasty IRS surprises within the next 6 months.

Good old Max n Bowser I bet they are still so smug they ripped me off for a couple of K

Theelichtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Currently in the process of getting my SX Core working, and i have a mariko unit. My switch is running OS 4.0 (i believe) so the advice would be to not update before atmosphere starts supporting the Mariko?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs