Homebrew should i downgrade my wii?

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 3.4 U wii, and keep getting a 2011 error while trying to install wads, should i downgrade if so where can i get the downgrading app and does the serial number matteR?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes the serial number matters a lot, if you bought it in the last 7/8 months, it is better to install any cIOS and then upgrade to 4.0 so you can install Preloader....!!!
smile.gif

Kakkoii

Old fart
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No you don't need to downgrade to install wads...

Do you have the Homebrew Channel installed?

If so, then extract this to your SD card, click YES to overwrite:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jnez003zgrz/...ll_from_HBC.zip

Then start the homebrew channel and run the cIOS Installer. After it's done you'll be able to use this tool:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wm4llhyjmmj/WadManager4.0.zip

Which is also a HBC app. You'll be able to use it to install WAD's.

If you don't have the Homebrew channel... Install it using this:
http://bootmii.org/download/

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
that wont work.

he is on 3.4, hence no trucha bug. he will need to run the trucha bug restorer first.

from memory error 2011 means no vulnerable ios

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even though you already have the HBC, I would recommend downloading anyway since not everything is going to work in 3.4. I recommend going to 3.2 if you get the chance, because you can install things like Preloader in order to become safe from bricking.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where can i get a downgrading app? and i still need to know how to know what i need to be able to install wads since i am getting a 2011 error.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
stay well away from downgrading if you dont know what youre doing (which it sounds like).

hit the search button and type in trucha bug restorer.

its really not that hard.

i suggest a lot more reading before you attempt though. i dont want to see you post a topic in the next few days about how youve bricked your wii.

also, if you bought your wii christmas 07, install bootmii and take a nand backup before you touch anything else.

D

Deleted User

i once got that 2011 errror trying to install vc or wiiware becausde i used ios 249 but then i used ios 36 that i downgraded and it works im on 4.0u trucha ios 36 works better than any other ios you cant install nintendo channels with 4.0 just so people know and also cIOS rev 13a = cIOS 13 they are the same as waninkoko did not release any other than rev13 or rev13b no rev13a

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i guess im still confused, what do i need to do to get my WADs installed if i have a 3.4 U wii. Do i need to downgrade to 3.2, if so where and how can i get it? do i need to install a new ios if so which one and how? thanks.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
don't you read the previous posts ?

- downgrading is unecessary and dangerous as you don't know a shit about wii hacking stuff
- trucha bug restorer will help you

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your IOS are causing problems what you need to do is uninstall all your IOS using anytitledeleter and then install the IOS you need.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
r9delta said:
Your IOS are causing problems what you need to do is uninstall all your IOS using anytitledeleter and then install the IOS you need.

fuck off troll

anyway, you have been told what you need to do already. read the posts, and do some research yourself if there is anything you arent clear on.

use trucha bug restorer, downgrade ios15, use this to patch ios36, then restore ios15. then install cios and youre set.

if this is still all to hard for you, then how about you buy whatever game it is you want to install.

[edit]

but like i said in my last post, before you attempt that, install bootmii as boot2 and take a nand backup and store it in a safe place. if youre not willing to do any research for yourself, your probably going to end up needing it.

ACWWFAN

HERP DERP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0M39A said:
r9delta said:

fuck off troll

anyway, you have been told what you need to do already. read the posts, and do some research yourself if there is anything you arent clear on.

use trucha bug restorer, downgrade ios15, use this to patch ios36, then restore ios15. then install cios and youre set.

if this is still all to hard for you, then how about you buy whatever game it is you want to install.

[edit]

but like i said in my last post, before you attempt that, install bootmii as boot2 and take a nand backup and store it in a safe place. if youre not willing to do any research for yourself, your probably going to end up needing it.

i will do reserach before i do anything else, i wouldnt do anything im not sure about and i am going to have my friend help me with this, good hacker
biggrin.gif
. thanks for the info guys ill letcha know what happens
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool