should i downgrade my wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ACWWFAN, Jul 14, 2009.

Jul 14, 2009

should i downgrade my wii? by ACWWFAN at 2:27 AM (1,272 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. ACWWFAN
    OP

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    i have a 3.4 U wii, and keep getting a 2011 error while trying to install wads, should i downgrade if so where can i get the downgrading app and does the serial number matteR?

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Yes the serial number matters a lot, if you bought it in the last 7/8 months, it is better to install any cIOS and then upgrade to 4.0 so you can install Preloader....!!! [​IMG]

3. ACWWFAN
    OP

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    got mine for christmas in 07 so i think im good. im using 3.4 do i need to dwngrade to install wads? Thanks!!! [​IMG]

4. Kakkoii

Member Kakkoii Old fart

Canada
    No you don't need to downgrade to install wads...

Do you have the Homebrew Channel installed?

If so, then extract this to your SD card, click YES to overwrite:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/jnez003zgrz/...ll_from_HBC.zip

Then start the homebrew channel and run the cIOS Installer. After it's done you'll be able to use this tool:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/wm4llhyjmmj/WadManager4.0.zip

Which is also a HBC app. You'll be able to use it to install WAD's.

If you don't have the Homebrew channel... Install it using this:
    http://bootmii.org/download/

5. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    that wont work.

he is on 3.4, hence no trucha bug. he will need to run the trucha bug restorer first.

from memory error 2011 means no vulnerable ios

6. ACWWFAN
    OP

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    ok so how do i do that then? ^ and btw i already got the homebrew channel [​IMG]

7. timishu

Member timishu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Even though you already have the HBC, I would recommend downloading anyway since not everything is going to work in 3.4. I recommend going to 3.2 if you get the chance, because you can install things like Preloader in order to become safe from bricking.

8. ACWWFAN
    OP

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    where can i get a downgrading app? and i still need to know how to know what i need to be able to install wads since i am getting a 2011 error.

9. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    stay well away from downgrading if you dont know what youre doing (which it sounds like).

hit the search button and type in trucha bug restorer.

its really not that hard.

i suggest a lot more reading before you attempt though. i dont want to see you post a topic in the next few days about how youve bricked your wii.

also, if you bought your wii christmas 07, install bootmii and take a nand backup before you touch anything else.

10. ACWWFAN
    OP

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    ok is the bug restorer gonna let me install wads because that what i really want right now.

11. WitoRIT92

Member WitoRIT92 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i once got that 2011 errror trying to install vc or wiiware becausde i used ios 249 but then i used ios 36 that i downgraded and it works im on 4.0u trucha ios 36 works better than any other ios you cant install nintendo channels with 4.0 just so people know and also cIOS rev 13a = cIOS 13 they are the same as waninkoko did not release any other than rev13 or rev13b no rev13a

12. ACWWFAN
    OP

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    ok i guess im still confused, what do i need to do to get my WADs installed if i have a 3.4 U wii. Do i need to downgrade to 3.2, if so where and how can i get it? do i need to install a new ios if so which one and how? thanks.

13. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    don't you read the previous posts ?

- downgrading is unecessary and dangerous as you don't know a shit about wii hacking stuff
    - trucha bug restorer will help you

14. r9delta

Banned r9delta Banned

United States
    Your IOS are causing problems what you need to do is uninstall all your IOS using anytitledeleter and then install the IOS you need.

15. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    fuck off troll

anyway, you have been told what you need to do already. read the posts, and do some research yourself if there is anything you arent clear on.

use trucha bug restorer, downgrade ios15, use this to patch ios36, then restore ios15. then install cios and youre set.

if this is still all to hard for you, then how about you buy whatever game it is you want to install.

[edit]

but like i said in my last post, before you attempt that, install bootmii as boot2 and take a nand backup and store it in a safe place. if youre not willing to do any research for yourself, your probably going to end up needing it.

16. ACWWFAN
    OP

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    i will do reserach before i do anything else, i wouldnt do anything im not sure about and i am going to have my friend help me with this, good hacker [​IMG]. thanks for the info guys ill letcha know what happens [​IMG]