Should i cut the elastic bands off a 3DS case?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by sodaddict, Jan 27, 2017.

1. sodaddict
    OP

sodaddict GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2016
    I own a protective 3DS case with these elastic bands that hold the system to place, these elastic bands make the system so hard to take off that it actually makes me loose interest in using the system.
    Is it ok to cut off these unnecessary elastic bands? i mean i don't travel, and there's no way nothing gonna happen to the system inside the case without these bands.

2. Marmotta

Marmotta Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2016
    Random. Of course you can cut them off, what side effects did you think it would have?

MichiS97 likes this.
  3. sodaddict
    OP

sodaddict GBAtemp Regular

Mar 18, 2016
    None.

4. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    You don't travel, and the 3ds itself was designed to take a fall and still function. I personally wouldn't have even bought a protective case. If you feel like you need some kind of protection on the thing, maybe try a HORI clear case? They're clear shells you slap on the shell of the 3ds. It's like a second, thicker backplate. Oh, and definitely cut the bands if they're bothering you. You could also just put the 3ds on top of them.

5. Marmotta

Marmotta Member

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2016
    Agreed, I personally wouldn't buy one if I wasn't moving about, but I could understand having one just to keep it dust-free and stored with your games.

6. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2016
    Canada