Hacking Question Should I create a new backup and delete the old one?

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, how are you doing?

Actually, I have a backup from 07/26/2019, which consists of basically a clean nand, prod.keys... of my 4.1.0 old nand fw -edit: my switch came with this firmware-. It's the first thing I did with the switch -edit: a backup, I mean- (so no games nor programs installed, it's clean, as new), but I am actually on the latest FW on my sysnand, which is clean, but of course, has a newer firmware version (so fuses were burnt), and games, which since they are digital, I don't care to lose them because I would download them again eventually.

So, returning to the point, since my last backup was from almost a year ago from version 4.1.0 and my switch is currently on the latest firmware on sysnand, should I create a new backup and delete the old one? Or I am okay sticking with the old one? Or perhaps I should have both, the old clean 4.1.0 and the a new backup from now?

Thank you very much for your help!

Last edited by Enlapse,

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do a new one because if you have to restore the old one unless you backed up your saves recently they'll be gone. Everything will revert back to like it's 07/26/2019 on your Switch nand if you restore that one.

I do one every few months.

I mean it wouldn't hurt to have both because one day they might come up with a coldboot exploit but maybe it requires a low firmware you'd be able to take advantage of it. There's already Deja Vu for that firmware.

Last edited by Jayinem81,

Enlapse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Do a new one because if you have to restore the old one unless you backed up your saves recently they'll be gone. Everything will revert back to like it's 07/26/2019 on your Switch nand if you restore that one.

I do one every few months.

I mean it wouldn't hurt to have both because one day they might come up with a coldboot exploit but maybe it requires a low firmware you'd be able to take advantage of it.

Okay, I totally forgot about that. You are absolutely right, my saves. Even having nintendo online, games like AC and PSw don't have online saving (for real? lol). I was planning to do it anyways and have both, but I was asking just to be sure the old one was the one I'd need to use to restore my switch (if needed) correctly, or not.

Thank you mate!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs