KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi there,

I don't know if its the right section to post this, but, I want to ask whether I should buy Wii U now or wait for NX?

I really want to play Super Mario Maker, so I am thinking of buying Wii U and the game, but, could it be possible that it will also come out for NX?

I already own a 3ds, so, should I go with Wii U or wait for NX to be released?

What do ya guys think? :)

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You can wait until E3 for info about the NX. If is backward compatible with Wii U you could play the game anyway and if isn't then you will get a better price for a Wii U.
win/win situation there.
Oh okay, so, in the upcoming E3 will we get info about NX compatibility too? ^_^ Thanks for replying btw..

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Oh okay, so, in the upcoming E3 will we get info about NX compatibility too? ^_^ Thanks for replying btw..
Nothing is clear at the moment, Nintendo just said in twitter that they are gonna launch the next Legend of Zelda for Wii U and NX march 2017 and that the E3 will be focused mainly on Zelda, so we can assume that they will announce the NX too.

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Nothing is clear at the moment, Nintendo just said in twitter that they are gonna launch the next Legend of Zelda for Wii U and NX march 2017 and that the E3 will be focused mainly on Zelda, so we can assume that they will announce the NX too.
Oh okay, and, when is E3 usually held? :) Also, should I get a Wii for $40 to pass some time till then instead of $220 Wii U?

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Oh okay, and, when is E3 usually held? :) Also, should I get a Wii for $40 to pass some time till then instead of $220 Wii U?
E3 is on June 14-16, a month and a half away.
If that Wii isn't the mini model (Wii mini is unhackable) I would say go for it, even better if is the older model with gamecube ports. a hacked Wii can get you an almost endless supply of games and tons of fun.

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
E3 is on June 14-16, a month and a half away.
If that Wii isn't the mini model (Wii mini is unhackable) I would say go for it, even better if is the older model with gamecube ports. a hacked Wii can get you an almost endless supply of games and tons of fun.
Oh okay! :)

Nintendo said that they won't show the NX at e3. Only Zelda.
So, in your opinion should I got for Wii U or wait for NX?

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
What games do you want to play / When do you plan on getting a Wii U / What do you want to use it for.
I mostly want to play Super Mario Maker.
I am planning on getting Wii U within this week
Well, um.. I want to use it basically to play Wii U roms, Wii roms and Gamecube roms..

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly want to play Super Mario Maker.
I am planning on getting Wii U within this week
Well, um.. I want to use it basically to play Wii U roms, Wii roms and Gamecube roms..
1) They will most likely port Super Mario Maker to the NX
2) Kernel exploit might be coming out this weekend. So if it doesn't then wait for the NX

Reactions: KJ1

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
1) They will most likely port Super Mario Maker to the NX
2) Kernel exploit might be coming out this weekend. So if it doesn't then wait for the NX
Okay, thanks for replying! :D And, what if Kernel exploit is released within this weekend? :)

Last edited by KJ1,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Obviously don't buy a Wii U now. It's overpriced and clearly not worth it considering the NX will be out before you know it but fanbos will say "who cares about how much it costs? what matters is that it's fun". Dumb logic. For the price that it's going now you're probably just going to have to pay a bit more and get an NX for that cost.

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Obviously don't buy a Wii U now. It's overpriced and clearly not worth it considering the NX will be out before you know it but fanbos will say "who cares about how much it costs? what matters is that it's fun". Dumb logic. For the price that it's going now you're probably just going to have to pay a bit more and get an NX for that cost.
Here, I can get a used Wii U for $220 so what do you think should I do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cool.