Buy Wii U or wait for NX?

• Buy Wii U

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Wait for NX

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Here, I can get a used Wii U for $220 so what do you think should I do?
I read that you want to use a Wii U to play GameCube and Wii U backup games so I get where you're coming from but even still, you're only looking at months' of playtime value. And even then, the best game on Wii U overall is Mario Kart 8 but it's only if you play it online otherwise once you've completed all cups that's it.

But anyhow, if you don't mind wasting $220 on it then that's your call but you could save a good chunk of it because once the NX's out the Wii U will have its price decreased to $100 or less 'cause at that point, no one wants a Wii U. All the interest is on NX.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you sure that NX will be the Wii u successor and not the 3ds one? (sorry for my eng)
kimishima said that NX is not a direct successor to wiiu or 3ds.
but Iwata said that NX surely will incorporate wiiu technology.

so in the end NX could be first released in form of portable console but could work with the home version in a way.

since he is interested in Mario Maker that game could be played by a home console but also for example by a tablet connected with a dongle to a tv.

anyway it's an entire year ahead if he has money a second hand wiiu is the best way.

since WiiU destiny is also the same of gamecube and dreamcast it has sens also having it in a videogame collection...20 years from now you would appreciate having it playing some nintendo land with your nephews... XD

S

Saiyan Lusitano

i was thinking to xenoblade chronicles

Have they fixed the tiny text and audio issues on Xenoblade X yet?

since WiiU destiny is also the same of gamecube and dreamcast it has sens also having it in a videogame collection...20 years from now you would appreciate having it playing some nintendo land with your nephews... XD

Oh dear god, please don't put the Wii U in the same bag as the Dreamcast and GameCube. That's just distasteful and rude. You know, DC and GC are actually great consoles unlike the Wii U.

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I read that you want to use a Wii U to play GameCube and Wii U backup games so I get where you're coming from but even still, you're only looking at months' of playtime value. And even then, the best game on Wii U overall is Mario Kart 8 but it's only if you play it online otherwise once you've completed all cups that's it.

But anyhow, if you don't mind wasting $220 on it then that's your call but you could save a good chunk of it because once the NX's out the Wii U will have its price decreased to $100 or less 'cause at that point, no one wants a Wii U. All the interest is on NX.
You are absolutely right I guess! :D So, I guess I won't buy it, and, I am thinking of buying a used Wii for $50 here.. What do you think?..

kimishima said that NX is not a direct successor to wiiu or 3ds.
but Iwata said that NX surely will incorporate wiiu technology.

so in the end NX could be first released in form of portable console but could work with the home version in a way.

since he is interested in Mario Maker that game could be played by a home console but also for example by a tablet connected with a dongle to a tv.

anyway it's an entire year ahead if he has money a second hand wiiu is the best way.

Haha.. lol, I guess you are right :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have they fixed the tiny text and audio issues on Xenoblade X yet?

Oh dear god, please don't put the Wii U in the same bag as the Dreamcast and GameCube. That's just distasteful and rude. You know, DC and GC are actually great consoles unlike the Wii U.
Really? :O

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just give nintendo another 3 years, they will have a new console out, buy that one instead. Maybe then they will have caught up to current technology.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

second hand wiu is already 150 or even less.
no need to wait an entire year.

once you mod vwii and add loadiine you have a possible softeca of about 10.000 games... fron nes to wiiu all nintendo games, mame, portable emulators,even psx and saturn...once IOSU is out retroarch will be ported to use all WiiU power and so even dreamcast could be a possibility in hopefully a glorious off screen gamepad mode!!!

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh yes... Its time for those threads.
We dont even know what the NX is.
If it has wii u backwards compatability then wait for it. If not buy a Wii u its a sexy console i have to say

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
second hand wiu is already 150 or even less.
no need to wait an entire year.

once you mod vwii and add loadiine you have a possible softeca of about 10.000 games... fron nes to wiiu all nintendo games, mame, portable emulators,even psx and saturn...once IOSU is out retroarch will be ported to use all WiiU power and so even dreamcast could be a possibility in hopefully a glorious off screen gamepad mode!!!
Here cheapest second hand Wii U is for $220.. :(

Zetman

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you like the wii u library
Oh okay, so, in your opinion what should I do? >.>
Should I buy Wii to pass time till NX shows up?
Need to wait almost a year for the NX, and who knows about the hacking.

so if you like the Wii u library and you find it at a reasonable price, it's worth

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Import fees is so much in here.. :(

ehhh...that is a problem ... me too cannot understand your laws ... ;) ... :(

another alternative is looking on asian sites they often sell the US version of the console...maybe importing from asia and not from US or Europe have lower taxes...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system