FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently went to a store today that sells a Wii bundle for 130 dollars. The bundle includes only 1 controller and nunchuck and it only has Wii sports. I am asking should I buy it because I want to know if I can hack it. If I can hack it how can I hack it and use it so I can pirate and play games. I am tight with money right now and I see that it will go back to being sold at 200 in a few days so I want to grab the chance while I still can. I am selling my DS Lite and PS2 anyway so I wouldn't be spending money. Anyways how do I hack it or what do I use to hack it and how is all I am asking. I am completely blank on any information about the Wii so I don't even know where to begin.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you've got easy access to an external harddrive... You should. If not, don't bother as you'll have to invest in something else as well (mod chip or external drive) or heavily modify your wii (DarkCorps which if installed correctly will let you boot backups as long as you don't have one of the new D3-2 chip drives)

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes but on the other hand if I can sell my stuff on time I can purchase RoxasIsSora's Wii bundle for 160. If anybody wants a DS Lite bundle by the way I am willing to give it for 100.

Anyways how does softmod work? I will check the links out that you provided. I hope it is as easy as it sounds.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
All Wii consoles should be hackable without a problem, though some might have limitations on capabilities after modding (new Wii consoles cannot play DVD back-ups). Follow the guide in the Hacking section, and/or use ModMii to download all the necessary files.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
If the Wii you plan to buy is new it will not be able to play backup games on dvd-r's! You will need to invest in a hard drive.

Then you should follow a guide on this site for installing the homebrew channel and getting softmodded.

New Wii's usually will have the latest firmware (specifically System Menu 4.3) that do make it harder to be able to hack. If this is the case you may need to get a hold of a certain game (There are a few to choose from) to be able to install the channel.

All of this may sound hard but it is well worth it and in my opinion homebrew makes your Wii a better console.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately the price went back to 200 and it was a Sunday so the store closed. (I know right) I blew my chances so I am just going to have to get one that is already modded off somebody. Thanks for helping me out though. I can say I am just stupid when it comes to these things. I don't really know that much. Took me forever to understand how to even hack my PSP when I got it at first. In my opinion I think I should invest in a premodded one. Saves time and effort. *ugh* I got to sell my stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended