should i buy this [its premodded but damaged]

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Natethekidrs00, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Natethekidrs00
    OP

Natethekidrs00 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    it is a 2ds for 50$

From the seller
    \/\/\/\/\/\/

This listing is for a heavily modded 2DS that has since been damaged.
    ----------------------
    The console is black, on the front and back. It has red sides and blue shoulder buttons/SD Card reader/volume slider.
    ----------------------
    This console has arm9loaderhax, which is an impressive feat.
    In addition, it has the cutting edge improvement of a9lh. ShadowNAND was released recently, and allows boot without SD Card, among other benefits like true custom firmware.
    However, the screen has water damage. (This screen was taken from separate broken 2DS, and the water only affects the bottom screen. This 2DS is made entirely out of broken or rejected parts.)
    Also, the Circle Pad is likely damaged beyond repair. The input receiver is likely permanently damaged. However, games that don't require the Circle Pad run fine.
    ---------------------
    The console will NOT ship with an SD Card.
    It will NOT ship with a charger.
    It will NOT ship with a stylus.
    Have a good time with this system!

If i bought it what should i do with it try and fix my 2ds with it or fix that is

since i dont really have the money atm heres the link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-2D...534069?hash=item3f653e7e75:g:oNEAAOSwnNBXaYSc

Last edited by Natethekidrs00, Jun 30, 2016

2. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    I don't see why you would buy a damaged 2DS for $50 when you could buy a 100% working refurb for $80.

DarthDub, Koko-Kun and Tomato Hentai like this.
  3. NutymcNuty

NutymcNuty GBATemp's Autismo

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Ottawa, Ontario
    see if you can get the price to $40 or $45 if so thats an okay price

4. Natethekidrs00
    OP

Natethekidrs00 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    because its preloaded with alh9 and ShadowNAND

5. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    Personally I'd just CFW it myself but if having it preloaded on a damaged 2DS is worth it to you then get it.

DarthDub, Tomato Hentai and Koko-Kun like this.
  6. ChaosRipple

ChaosRipple GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    I personally wouldn't buy that. Sounds like you're just buying a near dead system. Basically, you've lost your circle pad (permanently) and bottom screen, yet you're paying more than half the price of a completely new 2DS? A9LH shouldn't be adding too much value to the system, if it even adds any value imo.

Minnow likes this.
  7. duyluan

duyluan Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2016
    2ds got new price, $79.99. You can check it out on the official website.
    http://www.nintendo.com/2ds
    Refurbish can still be at about $80 due to the official price just got changed like a month
    Edit: don't buy from Nintendo if you don't want latest firmware!

Last edited by duyluan, Jun 30, 2016
    Minnow likes this.
  8. Koko-Kun

Koko-Kun A Guppy

Jun 10, 2016
    United States
    Paradisum
    Yeesh, I wouldn't buy that if I were you. You might make it unusable if you try to open it up if you don't know what you are doing not to mention it's missing a lot of stuff. I would buy another one like Luckkill4u said, it's like just $40 more from Walmart or w/e
    That's a big no no to buy from Nintendo's site especially refurbished b/c it will most likely come on latest FW.

9. duyluan

duyluan Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2016
    Forget about the firmware, thanks for mention it!

Koko-Kun likes this.
  10. wiiu more like pee u

wiiu more like pee u GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    The shipping on this item is $29.70. Wtf that makes the item cost about $80... dont do it.

11. ChaosRipple

ChaosRipple GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2015
    United States
    I'm not sure about the refurbished ones but when you go to nintendo's site to purchase a new console, it redirects you to gamestop/best buy/etc.

12. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    You can buy brand new 2DS for $70.

13. DKB

DKB FUCK OFF

May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    What the fuck, the shipping cost 30 dollars! It's the same price as a damn new 2DS for me. ._.

Koko-Kun likes this.
  14. duyluan

duyluan Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2016
    Because in the US, the manufacturer's suggested retail price(or MSRP) for the 2ds is $79.99. Which mean in the US, every retailer will sell the 2ds for $79.99. While in other region, Nintendo let the retailer set the price.

15. wulyfclan

wulyfclan Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2016
    United States
    NY
    Sort of just echoing what everyone else has said but I wouldn't buy this. I'm pretty sure any brand new 2ds will come with an exploitable/downgradeable fw and despite what the seller says, installing a9lh isn't an impressive feat. If you can manage to find a primary exploit game for a solid price you can set it up yourself and end up only spending a little more than what this seller is charging when you factor in shipping. You could always sell the download code for whichever game comes bundled with your 2DS if you need to get some of your money back.

16. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    Ayyy, my system! Shipping shouldn't cost $30 unless it's out of US. a9lh also isn't what spiked up the price in no way whatsoever. Dang you eBay, I thought it was $6 shipping everywhere.
    I made a custom shell and went through the process of installing the stuff, I was actually planning to decrease the price.
    However, the system in my signature is definitely worth the money. It's the cheapest a9lh system on eBay WITH a custom case.

Also, the system completely made out of broken parts. Completely. I noted this in the description, so I'm not conning you.
    It isn't worth the $50 tbh, but if it sells, hey. You can't use this to repair another 2DS; like I said, it's damaged beyond repair. It's the reciever on the motherboard that's damaged.

Last edited by LinkSoraZelda, Jun 30, 2016
    Koko-Kun likes this.
  17. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    2ds new is $80 now. So I would recommend to OP to just buy a 2ds and install a9lh with shadowNAND yourself. IMO it isn't worth the $45 if you want to have a proper bottom screen. That on top of the broken circle pad is a deal breaker for me. Other than the mixed colors the only thing this has going for it is a9lh, which you can do for free in just a few hours.

18. duyluan

duyluan Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2016
    i hope Nintendo make a New 2ds(not really)!

19. MsMidnight

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    $79.99 which gets rounded to $80 -_-

20. duyluan

duyluan Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2016
    Everyone know that, i just give precise information! Just don't post anything like that in the future, it call bumping. Old post will be replied to when they're replied to.