Hardware Should i buy the Switch or the Wii U?

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hi guys, so i felt in love with the Switch within the last month, after all the videos and reviews. I have been working a lot lately cause i want to buy it and i love BOTW even more, i think is a super cool game. That been said, i dont want to be blind or a Ninti fanboy, so im asking myself if i should really buy it.

I travel a lot, so i completely love the portability factor. I have a 3DS and i love it too, but i dont use it anymore cause Pokemon and Smash got a little borring. I could buy a Wii U, i can find a couple here in my country for about 150$-200$, and i can play Zelda there (and Smash 4 wich i love) but i dont know if it is smart to buy an old console that clearly is going to be left behind with the massive popularity the Switch is having and is acually not that good (Compared with the Wii and Switch looks like is going to be better)

A lot of cool games are coming, and GameFreak is apparently making a new Pokemon game that could be for the Switch so thats a plus but the Wii U have a lot of cool games too and they can be found way cheaper.

I have to say im a casual gamer. I work and i study a lot. So what you guys think? Any similar experience?

D

Deleted User

switch has no games. only zelda. wii u also has zelda plus homebrew+wii games+gamecube games+no worries about screen scratches. switch not very good right now.

Reactions: alexj9626

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
switch has no games. only zelda. wii u also has zelda plus homebrew+wii games+gamecube games+no worries about screen scratches. switch not very good right now.
It's also a dead system which won't get new games. Switch doesn't have a whole lot now but will be getting plenty of games given just the release schedule for the next 12 months. Plus with what OP said switch better fits his lifestyle of regular travel.
Especially given OP just said if they bought Wii u it would be 2 years till they got a new system, and 2 years being stuck with the Wii u library and no new games is awful, even with homebrew.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm very happy with the wii u, don't forget we already have the mk8, splatoon, the only true exclusive for switch from Nintendo is the new Mario.
For now. Splatoon 2 is coming this summer and you can bet that they will shutdown both the MK8 and Splatoon servers for the Wii U this autum once their online is active.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I would just get the switch. You said you travel a lot, which makes the switch perfect for your lifestyle. Why bother investing in a dead console when you can invest in a new console that better suits your lifestyle

Thats why i bought my 3DS and it was a blast, i love it, but now is kinda borring. Is hacked and all but i just dont get into the games anymore.

Thanks, this is better. Screen scratches? I can buy a protector, but the "homebrew+wii games+gamecube games" is true. Lot of good games, but the Wii i have have a lot of cool games, even 64, so is not all about the games... at least that how i see it.

Got to ask, what kind of games do you play? Is indie games something that suites you? If so, The Switch.

"Switch has no games" yeah... same can kind of be said for the Wii U as well.

I mean i like good games and no, we cant say that for the Wii U, it has a ton of games.

Like i said, the main atraction of the Switch for me is BOTW, but i can get that with a Wii U. What i would not like is to buy a non-so good console that is going to be outperformed by the Switch and is not because is older, cause Wii is 10 times better than Wii U.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Like i said, the main atraction of the Switch for me is BOTW, but i can get that with a Wii U. What i would not like is to buy a non-so good console that is going to be outperformed by the Switch and is not because is older, cause Wii is 10 times better than Wii U.
This is a hard one. Because sure BOTW is a really good game. But should you buy a new console (Wii U or Switch) just because of one game? I'm not so sure.
I already have 4 games planned for it, I already own 2 of them. Right now I'm waiting for MK8DX and Disgaea 5.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Switch.
Not a Wii U, save yourself from that shit.
Wii U has no games. (well, I think I have almost all passable Wii U games, but hell... that is all there will always be, NO)

D

Deleted User

yea compared to sony and pc there hasn't many games on the wii u. but who said that the switch wouldn't have the same fate as the wii u. wii u has many great games. mario maker, zelda botw,mario kart 8,tropical freeze,paper mario color splash,yoshi's woolly world,etc.
if you don't have regular wii you can also enjoy all the library of the wii, gamecube and virtual console games on the wii u.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Switch.
Wii U has no games. (well, I think I have almost all passable Wii U games, but hell... that is all there will always be, NO)
right now switch is the shit.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch.
And as I said it won't get new games. So you are stuck with what it has now and only that. With switch it has plenty coming out this year alone, and then more games throughout it's life. Wii u seems good if you look at right now, but if you look to the future the switch is the clear choice

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
right now switch is the shit.
Yes, but OP is travling a lot. And he obviously enjoy his 3DS. So it makes sense to go for a Switch.
Wii U is dead, it's the first console I heard of that got discontinued before it's counterpart was ever release. You know damn well why it flunked and the biggest part is the marketing. It had none at all.

Btw. "<something> is the shit" is a positive thing ;)

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
This is a hard one. Because sure BOTW is a really good game. But should you buy a new console (Wii U or Switch) just because of one game? I'm not so sure.
I already have 4 games planned for it, I already own 2 of them. Right now I'm waiting for MK8DX and Disgaea 5.

I mean, like i said in the OP, i have been working a lot for a console. I had a PS4 but it broke and my good old Wii. I want a console no matter the game, BOTW is just the cherry you know.

Switch.

This is what i want to know. I mean, Wii U DOES have good games. Is not about quantity is about quality. I LOVE Smash 4 and im pretty sure that it has some good games. What im asking myself is how good the console really is. Is the Switch better than the Wii u? And not because is older, like i said i think Wii > Wii u.

EDIT: Yes i travel a lot but that dosnt mean im never at home lol. I spend my weekends touching my balls on the couch if that matters.

Last edited by alexj9626,
D

Deleted User

i recommended you to be patient. wait a few months. let's see what game will come out for the switch and if they are good. then make your choice. don't buy it now.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I own a Wii, a Wii U and a Switch.
The premium feeling from the Switch is a lot higher than the Wii U. Plus using cartridges instead of discs will most likely prolong the lifespan, and jesus christ the Wii U's disc drive is loud.

I got to ask an important question, how much is your income sort of speak? Because this can be one major factor in this argument.

alexj9626

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
And as I said it won't get new games. So you are stuck with what it has now and only that. With switch it has plenty coming out this year alone, and then more games throughout it's life. Wii u seems good if you look at right now, but if you look to the future the switch is the clear choice

This is important for me. Like i said i dont use my money that often. And i dont mean if the Wii U is going to have games from now on or so, because like i said, if the options were Wii vs Wii U when the Wii U came out i wouldnt have a doubt in my mind about buying a Wii, i mean if is better for someone that just want to get a console for the next couple years.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, but OP is travling a lot. And he obviously enjoy his 3DS. So it makes sense to go for a Switch.
Wii U is dead, it's the first console I heard of that got discontinued before it's counterpart was ever release. You know damn well why it flunked and the biggest part is the marketing. It had none at all.

Btw. "<something> is the shit" is a positive thing ;)

I would like to know about this. I didnt know it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.