Should I buy Final Fantasy XV for XOne or PS4?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by pustal, Nov 21, 2016.

1. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    I have both consoles. I'd like to keep my PS4 on FW 4.01 for now since something might be released in the scene. I don't know the firmware requirements for the game however.

Online os not important to me and at some point I may or may not invest in a PS4 Pro.

Also I am not a fan of pre-ordering but a shop near me is making 35% off in the final price for pre-orders so I'd like to take the opportunity.

What do you guy advise? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by pustal, Nov 21, 2016
    x65943 likes this.
  2. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I'd say get the PS4 version. FF is known for spectacle so you want the best version available which is on PS4Pro.

Sick Wario, Braig and pustal like this.
  3. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    You think it won't requite a firmware above 4.01?

4. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I'm sure it'll require whatever is the latest firmware update.

5. pustal
    OP

pustal Koalafied member.

Jul 19, 2011
    Portugal
    The Matrix
    That'd be 4.06 then :/ which may loose chance of jailbreak if anything comes up.

6. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    I would go for the PS4 version as well. Even compared to the base PS4, it will have a higher resolution compared to Xbox One.
    As for the firmware requirement, you're going to have to wait until launch day to find out.

pustal and T-hug like this.
  7. x65943

x65943 Resident Greekaboo, Amateur Dog Father

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Indiana
    Since you've just got the basic PS4 now - buy the xbone version.

The PS4 Pro isn't really worth it unless you have a 4k tv.

pustal likes this.
  8. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    You should go with ps4, but if you are too keen on staying on low firmware for a "possibility" then don't, what if you need a update? what about dlc? can't do that without updating, then just get the xbox one. Then again you could just buy another system.

You realize you are waiting for a possibility, besides some systems have exploits on latest firmware, (psp, 3ds, wii U and vwii) Is it better to wait for probability than something more solid. Maybe you don't really care about online service but you still need updates in case your game needs a patch, also if you wanna buy a game from psn or even dlc. Maybe is better you just think about those things.:unsure:

Besides 4k, i say it is, better wifi... i hope, 1tb of storage, gonna need it at the rate the updates and dlc store lots of data, and better performance in some games, that what we always want, consistent stable framerate. :P

pustal likes this.