Should I buy a Xbox360?

taktularCBo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys,
I'm a Nintendo Gamer since...well, since the NES and never used Consoles of other Publishers.
As this year I made good money beside my studies, I wanted to "invest" it into a great holiday with my Girl and a new console.
The Wii is nice, but well...most games are just...how do you guys call it...shovelware?
Im thinking to buy a flashed Xbox360, as the Ps3 is not flashable.

So some questions:
1. how much should I invest into a flashed Xbox?
2. Is the Arcade Version, in terms of cost effectiveness, enough?
3. Is a HDD a must have, cause loading Times are much higher and the DVD-Drive much louder?
4. Is a HD-Ready TV good enough, or do you need to have a Full-HD TV for seeing a big difference?
5. Can i play, with an flashed (ixtreme) Xbox, all Games and go online?
6. Is the new Xbox Slim flashable? If not, is it worth to wait, any news from ixtreme Team?
7. I would need WiFi, any chance for a third-party Adaptor, or do I need to buy the 50€ M$ Original?
8. Which Racing, RPGs and Platformers can you recommend?

Thanks in advance

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
1. Enought to flash it.
2. Does it really matter since after you flash it your off for only offline games. You wount really touch anything else.
3. HDD is not a must, it just makes the game coolor and by no means does the loading time take longer amount of time.
4. The difference is big. Lets just leave it like that
5. You can go online... until ur banned.
6. Is not worth the wait and i doubt it will be any better than the ones already here that is flashable.
7. No idea bout that one.
8. FF13, Tales. ARGH! so many games only for xbox360! fuck you microsoft *shoots billgates*

Primenay13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The xbox360, if you don't know what you are doing, is the hardest system to flash. You could find a tutorial online somewhere. I would buy an arcade because it would be a big upgrade from the wii. I too am a nintendo gamer, but still play other systems. I like both and consider myself a wii60 gamer lol. I would invest. For the wifi adaptor you can find the original one for cheap and I recommend forza 3, call of duty mw2, halo 3, and lastly final fantasy 13. Any more questions pm me.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Really, for this gen, the PS3 is the best choice. Wii is actually quite good too.

Unless you can't afford buying many games, there really is no excuse to have a 360.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I am a Nintendo gamer too, and the Xbox 360 never really got to me. The PS3... To me, it's a better system.

However, it depends on the gamer, so... Go for it.
smile.gif

(Try to find an old one if you want to flash it)

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I knew why the PS3 was considered better. Ive played 360 a long time and ran into no problems. Also when I look at the graphics comparisons they look soooo similar I can't even tell the difference. That's why all of my friends just said to grab the console my friends play on, they're both good systems but my friends play 360, all of them.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
I wish I knew why the PS3 was considered better. Ive played 360 a long time and ran into no problems. Also when I look at the graphics comparisons they look soooo similar I can't even tell the difference. That's why all of my friends just said to grab the console my friends play on, they're both good systems but my friends play 360, all of them.
Whoops, I meant "To me, it's a better system". I'm not saying it is, though.

Antoni-YO!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An Xbox 360 is soooo cool. It's a must get for me cus I have a Wii and Xbox 360. When I want to go to town online in games like GTA 4, Oh yeah.

I say get that Xbox 360. Also if you like motion playing like the Wii has, Xbox is getting that Kinect and that's on my list of things to get. Gonna be awesome.

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
Really, for this gen, the PS3 is the best choice. Wii is actually quite good too.

Unless you can't afford buying many games, there really is no excuse to have a 360.

PS3 is the worst choice fanboy!!

It may have stronger internals than 360, but it has:
1. Less good games
2. Less online gamers
3. It hasn't been cracked.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LufianGuy said:
ojsinnerz. said:

1. Less good games
2. Less online gamers

Both of them comments seemed fan boyish. lol

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want good quality games and free online, PS3.
If you want good quality online and free games, Xbox.
But for the Xbox, you can't really have both of those at the same time.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
LufianGuy said:
ojsinnerz. said:

1. Less good games
2. Less online gamers
Number 2 and number 3 are correct. However, it's not as if there's nobody playing online. Not as much, but there's still plenty around.

As for the amount of games, I think you can easily see that the PS3 has a larger library of exclusives. If you deny that, then you are a fanboy. If you like FPS, why not go with a PC? If you're buying a 360 for the shumps, ok that's something the PS3 does not have.

And I'm not really a fanboy. I own everything this gen, besides an xbox.

taktularCBo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for all your Answers!
For clarifying, I will not flash myself, I will buy a flashed xbox.
The PS3 is for sure great, but as long as I can't play "backups" its not a choice for me.

I suppose some of you guys have a flashed xbox, what is this wave and stealth stuff about, do I need to do something special for making a game stealth?
What about this WiFi adapter, anyone knows a good alternative?

QUOTE said:
3. HDD is not a must, it just makes the game coolor and by no means does the loading time take longer amount of time.
What do you mean with cooler?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if that's the way you want it, then enjoy it OP.

Scott-105 said:
I'd go for Xbox. Who cares about a $60 year membership? People complain too much.
They're complaining because of the fact that their competitors are offering free online services, as well as wifi built in (The new xbox took care of that problem at least)

Not everyone is you.

Antoni-YO!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scott-105 said:
I'd go for Xbox. Who cares about a $60 year membership? People complain too much.

I agree. 60 bux for 12 months... 365 days... 1 year. That's a looong time of Xbox Live for only 60 bux. Totally worth it.

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
This is why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2uQ2ayvvWY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sS6U7pTrvs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pZ7TAkF97E...feature=related (pre alpha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe-zBdCxd_o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy_a3oCDzRA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnck2oXdxMo

You will NEVER see those level of graphics on the Xbox, or Wii, and your average PC.

Also, for the paying for "online" debate, it isn't how much you pay for, it's the concept of paying FOR it, while the others have FREE online.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for taking your time to post those but umm...
QUOTE said:
You will NEVER see those level of graphics on the Xbox, or Wii, and your average PC
PC is always upgradable and will always be better then both consoles graphics. Yeah, PC is my favorite gaming system but that's not a bias fact, I'm sure we all know that, that's why you said "average PC". To bad I don't like any of them PS3 games you linked either, I do love that one alien PS3 exclusive though. One more thing is when you look at comparison shots of two games, one for PS3 and the other for 360 they look identical except slight lighting differences.

JustChillin1414

<3 Tiny Tina
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe if you're really cheap, sure, buy a flashed 360, but the ps3 is really a lot better. Blu-Ray, free online, almost the same features, HD games, better hardware, unhackable (since you don't want a bunch of cheaters online), I could go on but those are the main features. Most of my friends have had their 360s for a few years and are converting to ps3 and most people buy the 360 for halo anyway. I mean, if you wanna try every game out there, buy the 360. But I have 2 games for my ps3 and I've been playing them for two years. The next game I'll get is CoD Blackops and that'll last me a couple more years
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE