Hacking Should I buy a Stargate 3DS?

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, it's flashed with NTRBoot which is capable of booting SB9SI/OFI.
Well, that was obvious, but what is it flashed with?

EDIT: Wait, I just realized that I was wrong all along. ntrboot_flasher flashes the cart to load boot.firm. I thought it flashed SafeB9SInstaller to the cart. My misunderstanding.

Last edited by SirNapkin1334,

PuppetMaster000

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I recommend you don't buy it, if anything goes wrong you will lose your device, your money or both. Do some research, it would seem I can't post here about my situation

Tigger

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've actually got a r4i Gold 3DS + RTS (the one with the switch) and a stargate 3ds which i use just to play .3ds games on my 3ds.

Anyone give me a tut on how to flash godmode9 to the R4?

Tigger

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
both my dsi xl and 3ds xl are on HiyaCfw, but thx for the link. It's just easier to use 3ds games from the stargate without using .cia

Last edited by Tigger,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mm, while I'd personally answer no with everyone else, a few things you might want to consider:
- it's a one cart solution to both 3DS and DS games, which may be quite handy
- the card doesn't require any softmods to your system, and while there's little risk to hacking it, I could understand not wanting to risk it
- the card doesn't support eShop-only titles.
- it's also expensive as all hell. Custom firmware and a cheaper DS flashcard would be the more cost-effective way to go

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mm, while I'd personally answer no with everyone else, a few things you might want to consider:
- it's a one cart solution to both 3DS and DS games, which may be quite handy
- the card doesn't require any softmods to your system, and while there's little risk to hacking it, I could understand not wanting to risk it
- the card doesn't support eShop-only titles.
- it's also expensive as all hell. Custom firmware and a cheaper DS flashcard would be the more cost-effective way to go
Stargate is practically useless. You can use a much cheaper NDS flashcart to install CFW, then you get your 3DS piracy, emulators, hacks, save editing, unbanning, etc. and then you can use the cart for your NDS roms. On the other hand, Stargate forces you to use a few emulators, and if you try to install CFW then NDS loading breaks, and that’s one of the main reasons you bought the cart (for anyone unaware, we haven’t completely figured out NDS rom loading on the 3DS, so Flashcarts are a much better solution than nds-bootstrap.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stargate is practically useless. You can use a much cheaper NDS flashcart to install CFW, then you get your 3DS piracy, emulators, hacks, save editing, unbanning, etc. and then you can use the cart for your NDS roms. On the other hand, Stargate forces you to use a few emulators, and if you try to install CFW then NDS loading breaks, and that’s one of the main reasons you bought the cart (for anyone unaware, we haven’t completely figured out NDS rom loading on the 3DS, so Flashcarts are a much better solution than nds-bootstrap.
Does it really break after installing CFW? That's odd. Never personally used it myself. Wouldn't say it's practically useless though, it's still a functioning flashcart and does wonders for those who wouldn't want to delve into CFW.

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it really break after installing CFW? That's odd. Never personally used it myself. Wouldn't say it's practically useless though, it's still a functioning flashcart and does wonders for those who wouldn't want to delve into CFW.
Well, not break per se, but loading NDS roms with Luma active doesn’t work.

Tigger

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have cfw and nds games still work ;)

For people who have a 3ds and don't want cfw(there are some) the stargate is fine, it plays 3ds and nds games with no mods to the system, so it certainly is not useless.

Last edited by Tigger,

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have cfw and nds games still work ;)

For people who have a 3ds and don't want cfw(there are some) the stargate is fine, it plays 3ds and nds games with no mods to the system, so it certainly is not useless.
It’s way overpriced. Why would you not want CFW when not only is it cheaper, but has more features?

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You could!

The cart plays most backups flawlesly and really easy without any hassle.

However:

Since the initial release there have been no updates. Also there is no support.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did they actually ever manage to get a follow-up firmware image released to allow for newer games?

nope... somehow they have a fanclub that still believes in them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment