Should I buy a PS3 or Xbox 360? (read post first)

Which one should I get?

• Xbox 360

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • PS3

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have both i mainly use my 360 as it allows me to play shmup games and fighting games which either have poor ps3 ports or most japanese shmup games never got released on ps3. If i didnt play fighting games or shmups i would buy a ps3 instead for sure.
I never understood that. I mean, the 360 bombed in Japan. Why on earth would a decently well known Japanese developer develop only for that platform?

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fighting games are better on the 360 because the ps3 versions are known to lag and drop frames because of how they were ported between both consoles and i use an arcade stick because playing on anything else seems like a strange choice to me

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fighting games are better on the 360 because the ps3 versions are known to lag and drop frames because of how they were ported between both consoles and i use an arcade stick because playing on anything else seems like a strange choice to me

I think that has more to do with the user end. It's not like fighting games don't lag on the 360.

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its a proven thing the games run at 60fps and requires exact 1 frame timing and the ps3 versions of capcom games (sf4 mvc3 etc) have some problems with lag.

shanelong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you said you dont like rpg's, but you should check out 3d dot game heros, if you played any of the classic 2d zelda games it should be right up you're ally

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, over the last couple weeks, I've gone kind of nuts buying up stuff for the PS3. I know I posted what I bought earlier in this thread, but figured I'd reiterate seeing as how I bought even more stuff for it since that post.

Initially, I bought the PS3 and a few games, but I've bought some accessories since then too, as well as a few more games.
So here's the complete list stuff I've bought thus far....

The PS3 500GB (4000 series super slim) with the GT5 and Infamous 2 bundle.
Extra dual-shock controller.
Dual controller charging base. (the one made by Energizer)
The official Sony vertical stand for the 4000 series. (after searching everywhere for it last weekend, I found one at a local Wal-Mart.....figures) still have the system horizontal right now though.
Got the BD remote.
A pair of Sony wireless headphones (the ones called "pulse", but not the elite ones, just the regular ones)
Bought a Samsumg 22" LED TV that supports 1080p to dedicate to the PS3.

Not counting the pack-in games, I've bought a total of 16 games:
Blood Drive (by far the worst game of the bunch.....that's what I get for buying on impulse based on boxart. Probably gonna trade it in, even if I only get a nickel for it.)
Uncharted 1, 2 and 3.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Fight Night Champion
Heavenly Sword
God of War Saga (5 games in one)
God of War Ascension
Heavy Rain
The Last of Us
Tomb Raider
Midnight Club LA Complete Edition
Burnout Paradise
GRID 2
Silent Hill Downpour

I'm kind of a weekend warrior when it comes to gaming these days, don't play much during the work week anymore due to lack of sufficient time to actually get into a game during the week.

Right now, I've really been enjoying The Last of Us and having a ball with Fight Night Champion. The other day, I played FNC so long that I made my left thumb sore....heh. Most of the other games haven't really been played more than updating/installing them and a "check 'em out" run. Been pretty happy with what I've played so far, except for that pox that is Blood Drive......geez what a turd that game is. Bleh!

I'm kinda on the fence about getting PS+ though. I really hate digital distribution (that paying for just a download thing, primarily), but I wouldn't mind sucking up the PS+ freebies. The fact that I will NEVER buy a download or pay for any DLC, or ever play games online (yes, I know PS+ isn't required to play online) limits its usefulness to me. I figure that in a few months though, when the PS4 comes out, the PS3 stuff on PS+ will become very secondary and ultimately left in the dust. So I'm debating how practical PS+ would even be at this point, considering how late ii is in the PS3 lifespan. Wondering how quick Sony will be to forget about the PS3 in general once the PS4 arrives. Just because the PS2 hung on as long as it did isn't really a good indicator. Has there been any official announcement regarding continued support for PS3? I know most stores around here seem to be clearing out stock of most PS3 accessories already. Kind of worrying. But I figure that since I have no intention of hacking the system, PS+ might actually be beneficial.

Anyway, based on the games I've already bought, maybe you guys could come up with other game suggestions. Remember though, no FPS games, no boring strategy games and no RPG's that aren't totally action-based. I'd also appreciate any input on PS+ and if it would really be worth it for me, noting my moral restrictions that I've placed on it above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.