Should I buy a pre-owned HDD?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by R2DJ, Aug 25, 2010.

Aug 25, 2010

Should I buy a pre-owned HDD? by R2DJ at 10:23 AM (707 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. R2DJ
    OP

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    I went to a local Gamestation store one day and I saw a pre-owned 120GB HDD for only £30! They also have the 250GB one for £50! What a bargain! But the thing is: is it advisable to get a second hand one? A bigger hard drive would be helpful as I have a lot of games, not to mention Guitar Hero and Rock Band songs...

2. SkH

Member SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Algeria
    Personally, I would say go for it, Microsoft uses special hard drives that have longer lifetime than others and good quality.

IF it's MS ones. I dunno... maybe it's a made HDD or had some defect and that's why they returned it. You never know.

So now... knowing the risks, I would say otherwise: buy a new one instead. Or buy the new Slim, as it comes with a big one (250 GB) and the Slim consoles are pretty awesome! [​IMG]

3. WigWrm

Member WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nothing wrong with owning a used hdd. The manufacturer is most likely fujitsu or samsung (atleast what I've seen). I wouldn't worry about it becoming defunct. So take advantage of the bargain!

4. DEagleson

Member DEagleson Gamer Extraordinaire

Norway
    Should be safe to buy. [​IMG]
    Just remember to reformat it from NXE so you dont get any stuff downloaded from the previous owner.