Should I buy a pre-owned HDD?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by R2DJ, Aug 25, 2010.

1. R2DJ
    OP

R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 30, 2008
    London
    I went to a local Gamestation store one day and I saw a pre-owned 120GB HDD for only £30! They also have the 250GB one for £50! What a bargain! But the thing is: is it advisable to get a second hand one? A bigger hard drive would be helpful as I have a lot of games, not to mention Guitar Hero and Rock Band songs...

2. SkH

SkH GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2006
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Personally, I would say go for it, Microsoft uses special hard drives that have longer lifetime than others and good quality.

IF it's MS ones. I dunno... maybe it's a made HDD or had some defect and that's why they returned it. You never know.

So now... knowing the risks, I would say otherwise: buy a new one instead. Or buy the new Slim, as it comes with a big one (250 GB) and the Slim consoles are pretty awesome! [​IMG]

3. WigWrm

WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2007
    United States
    Nothing wrong with owning a used hdd. The manufacturer is most likely fujitsu or samsung (atleast what I've seen). I wouldn't worry about it becoming defunct. So take advantage of the bargain!

4. DEagleson

DEagleson Gamer Extraordinaire

May 23, 2009
    Norway
    Telemark
    Should be safe to buy. [​IMG]
    Just remember to reformat it from NXE so you dont get any stuff downloaded from the previous owner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice