Should I buy a DS VC game for haxchi v2?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Davizz131, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Davizz131
    OP

Davizz131 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    Cataluña
    It has been leakead that Wii U will recieve an update to 5.5.6 from 5.5.1, I saw a tweet from Wiiubru saying that I have to buy DS VC for haxchi, It's mandatory use haxchi or should I wait?

2. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    You can get some DS games for under 10€, I'd just go for it :) I've actually set up Haxchi 2.0 myself today, can only recommend it.

CatmanFan and Davizz131 like this.
  3. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    The update has been proven fake, but setting up haxchi is recommended. Safer, faster, update-proof, i'd say do it ASAP but dont worry otherwise.

Davizz131 likes this.
  4. Edizius

Edizius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    Italy
    Is there any drawback on using haxchi? Is it reversible, or permanent (e.g. by uninstalling the DS game?)? Is it propable that wii u will be hackable without a DS game soon?

5. ItsKipz

ItsKipz l33t hax0r

Sep 9, 2016
    United States
    The C: drive
    NO, you have to uninstall to undo the hack, and no, we are far from not needing a DS game.

6. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    It doesn't have any drawbacks and is reversible by deleting the ds vc game you've used and reinstalling it in the eShop. You should choose a DS game that you don't actually want to play though, since you obviously won't be able to play the game anymore.

7. Rusb

Rusb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    I had it (mario rpg) and it's awesome to not need the browser to execute hombrew launcher. It's like wii homebrew launcher so <3 and I think I'll not install auto start cfw, is not that bad to go homebrew launcher and for titles installed you needn't execute homebrew either, so it's basically pure love.

8. castdreams

castdreams Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2016
    United States
    Midwest USA
    I'd recommend it. Worth a few bucks to be able to launch homebrew without needing to use the browser exploit. Depending on how frequently you use your Wii U it can save you a lot of time.

Davizz131 likes this.
  9. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Kirby Mass Attack is at disscount on eShop

Tony_93 and Davizz131 like this.
  10. Edizius

Edizius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2016
    Italy
    Not for EU shop. the cheapest game is 7€
    Ok if it can be removed by uninstalling thr ds game i think its worth a try. Thanks Everybody!

11. Davizz131
    OP

Davizz131 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    Cataluña
    I'm asking because the Wii U was, supposedly, going to update, so I couldn't buy the game and, maybe, get access to the Browser.

12. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    The system update news was fake, but Nintendo could theoretically update the DS VC at any time to block haxchi, so yes buy one now if you can.

Davizz131 likes this.
  13. Hodge92

Hodge92 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2013
    Can I install Haxchi ontop of having RedNAND? Without any issues?

14. jbuck1975

jbuck1975 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Haxchi is on sysNAND and then boots to cfw or redNAND . I've got mine setup to boot into redNAND .

15. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Which DS VC titles are compatible? Other than booting homebrew without the browser, are there any other advantages?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

16. Rusb

Rusb GBAtemp Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/blob/master/README.md
    ^LIST
    The advantage is that you don't need internet to load the exploit (or self host at local) and you have a way to auto open at startup the CFW.

Last edited by Rusb, Nov 29, 2016
  17. XC-3730C

XC-3730C GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 10, 2014
    United States
    I asked if there was any advantage other than booting homebrew without a Web browser

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

18. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You can set a config for it to boot your favorite homebrew by holding a button so say
    Holding nothing boots homebrew launcher
    Holding A boots fw.img
    Holding B boots Sdcaffine
    ect

19. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well i guess you could get a DS game and then haxchi it or whatever people say, if you like that game or something, dump it first and make it work in the loadiine and you can still play your game and not need browser for homebrew. :)

Two safe options for price of one. Or you can also make injects from the Dump DS game to play other ds games in loadiine as well. I do it often, Got Chrono trigger, final fantasy 4 Sonic rush Bomberman 2, Mega man zero collection, Super robot taisen og saga endless frontier.

So if you never had a NDS game you should get one while is on sale or least the lowest price. Someone said Kirby mass attacck is on sale until december 5 which is like next week so $5 if you in the usa. :P

20. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    If you are from Spain, then you will be using the EU e-shop, if using using a PAL console. Brain Training was a free download when I downloaded it last week and was still free Yesterday.

TinyBilbo likes this.