Gaming should i buy a 3DS now or stay with a PSP?

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok.. i have a PSP and someone want to swap my PSP to 3DS...i really like the 3DS Games but is it the time to have a 3DS?? or should i stay with my PSP and DS....

all suggestion is welcome...

shihomt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
I love DS.. but PSP is better when it comes to quality and all stuff. I think 3DS has some updates that will also block R4s.. like what hapened on my DSi.. on PSP, there is no updates that will block games. plus you can watch videos and more stuff..

*If you are using R4 too, and if we are on the same boat as Captain Luffy..

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Strictly from a financial standpoint, If someone is seriously willing to swap their 3DS for a PSP, I say go for it. It's an amazing deal. You can always re-buy a PSP (or a PSVita, for that matter) later on if you miss your PSP games, and either way, you will have saved money overall.

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you know that PSP can be bricked right... and 3DS can watch Video and more stuff too or am i wrong?
but my DS Lite can watch Video and more stuff too....

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Strictly from a financial standpoint, If someone is seriously willing to swap their 3DS for a PSP, I say go for it. It's an amazing deal. You can always re-buy a PSP (or a PSVita, for that matter) later on if you miss your PSP games, and either way, you will have saved money overall.
The 3DS costs more then the PSP - obviously you swap, check it out and if you end up disliking it, sell the 3DS, get yourself a PSP and still have pocket money after the whole transaction.

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

really?? ok i'll just Finish BBS and then i will swap the PSP to 3DS.... then i'll play KH:3D when it came out

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
you know that PSP can be bricked right... and 3DS can watch Video and more stuff too or am i wrong?
but my DS Lite can watch Video and more stuff too....
The PSP can play video aswell, in fact, in better resolution then your DS Lite and *longer* then 10 minutes offered by the 3DS. The PSP generally has alot of quality homebrew.

shihomt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
oh yeah.. 3DS is more pricy than PSP, i forgot.

But ever wonder why someone will trade his 3DS for a PSP??

maybe it has defects..

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
oh yeah.. 3DS is more pricy than PSP, i forgot.

But ever wonder why someone will trade his 3DS for a PSP??

maybe it has defects..
Or maybe they just want to play games that are on the PSP and not on the 3DS and don't feel like going through the hassle of selling it? Also, "rampant PSP piracy" versus "no flash cart in sight" could be a factor here.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
I love DS.. but PSP is better when it comes to quality and all stuff. I think 3DS has some updates that will also block R4s.. like what hapened on my DSi.. on PSP, there is no updates that will block games. plus you can watch videos and more stuff..

You can watch videos and movies on the 3Ds, in 3D :) I'm watching Dexter in 3D right now.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

You can watch videos and movies on the 3Ds, in 3D :) I'm watching Dexter in 3D right now.
*cough* On Netflix *cough* not an international service. *cough cough*

LeomelsonBato

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe i know the answer to that because psp is more popular here.... and i will give him a little cash... i think its worth it...

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country

*cough* On Netflix *cough* not an international service. *cough cough*
http://gbatemp.net/t...3ds-video-beta/
Apologise thanks :)
And Australia doesn't get netflix,*snip.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
http://gbatemp.net/t...3ds-video-beta/
Apologise thanks :)
And Australia doesn't get netflix, idiot.
10-minute split = enjoy switching from one file to the other.

I'll have my *normal* player without any ridiculous limitations, thank you very much.

Also, if you think that I looked at your location even for a split second, you are grossly overestimating my interest in you. The only way to get normal video on a 3DS that doesn't have the 10-minute split is Netflix, correct me if I'm wrong. I actually pointed that out earlier and you'd know that if you actually read what I typed.

Unless you count Moonshell in, in which case PSP still offers better video quality.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
*Cough* indeed. :ha:

Anyway, to the OP, if you trust your friend to not cheat you with a broken 3DS or whatever, I say go for it. Plus, you can run homebrew emulators and DS backups via DS mode with a flashcart like the SuperCard DSTwo (3DS hasn't been hacked yet, so no 3DS ROMs or anything yet)

Reactions: 1 person

Zekrom_cool

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
*Cough* indeed. :ha:

Anyway, to the OP, if you trust your friend to not cheat you with a broken 3DS or whatever, I say go for it. Plus, you can run homebrew emulators and DS backups via DS mode with a flashcart like the SuperCard DSTwo (3DS hasn't been hacked yet, so no 3DS ROMs or anything yet)
Also there are a bunch of apps of both dsi and 3ds that can be run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0