zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I've always wanted an Ipod touch and I've been quite envious of those that do have ones. So one of my friends is thinking of getting rid of his, he said he would sell it to me for $40 dollars. I thought this was a pretty sweet deal but its an Itouch 1st gen which worries me. Also there are 2 big dead pixel holes on the screen. And the last problem is that the home button only works if you press down SUPER hard on it which annoys me.
Ill try to draw where the dead pixel holes are and how big they are:
2yzk22c.png

So yea i reackon thats pretyt big..Could i possibly fix it without replacing the screen?
Also would i be able to fix the homebutton, cos its a bitch to press down.

And also, i know the 1st gen Ipod cant use iOS 4 but will it still be able to play all Ipod Touch games (without camera)?

Do you guys think its worth it?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that its 8GB

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it has dead pixels you shouldn't buy it for things other than music and movies (many games require more than a few spots to play) but if its just gonna be movies and music then i say buy it

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
zeromac said:
Oh yea forgot to mention that is 8gb

If its only going to be used as a Music device, its worth it since its relatively cheap for 8gb. If you want to watch videos or play games, you'd best save up money and buy a new iPod Touch.

If you can save $200+, You could get a cheap 3rd Gen iPod Touch. They've fallen in price due to the new releases.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
eh...i got mine for about the same price from ebay and it only has a cracked screen that I rarely ever notice....with patience you could probably get one with less problems by bidding on ebay (mine is a 1st gen 8gb as well)

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm ok thanks for the replys guys
Well I've been thinking, i might not get it since its got massive dead pixel holes and just get a Ipod Touch 3rd gen for my birthday or something

What do others think?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only fourth gen iPod touches have built in speakers. Third gen iPods come with a microphone in the headphones, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1