Hacking Should I Bother Updating From 4.0 to 4.2?

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a safe way to do this? Also, should I try to go to 4.1 first and then 4.2? If there's a way to do this without losing anything please let me know.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well...there's no reason, because you won't gain anything with 4.2. Realy, nothing. But you can do that if you want...

First:
-Update HBC/DVDX/BootMii with the latest HackMii-Installer.

Now:
  • -Safest method would be to update through Nintendo, because you can blame them if something goes wrong. But you would have to do a lot of things after the Update...not for lazy people/noobs.
  • -Easiest method would be Safe Updater, though, Brick-Risk.
  • -The Method I would use would be DOP-IOS MOD. But it's mostly for andvanced Users.
    -> Install/update all IOS/Channels with DOP-IOS MOD, and install the 4.2 Menu from there.
I recommend to have BootMii as bootv2 installed, because there's a Brick risk...

wingzrow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if there's no reason then I guess I won't. Thanks for the help. If i ever need to get to 4.2 ile check back now that someone's linked me how to do it.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Well...there's no reason, because you won't gain anything with 4.2. But you can do that if you want...easiest method:

-Update HBC/DVDX/BootMii with the latest HackMii-Installer
-Install/update all IOS/Channels with DOP-IOS MOD, and install the 4.2 Menu from there.

I recommend to have BootMii as bootv2 installed, because there's a Brick risk...
+1
Just don't update:
IOS249 (that will delete your cIOS)
IOS254 (that will delete BootMii/IOS)
boot2 (that will delete BootMii/boot2)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)