Should I bother sending my DS Lite back?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by HDW, May 30, 2007.

May 30, 2007
  1. HDW
    OP

Newcomer HDW Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I got back a new DS Lite from Nintendo a few days ago. It seemed perfect until I noticed a very small "mark" on the top screen. It's extremely tiny but slightly noticeable in sunlight when the screen is somewhat dark. Should I bother? I don't really know what to do.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Is the mark a pixel? If it really bothers you, then trade it in. It might not be worth the hassle (nintendo causes problems)

3. Shelleeson

Member Shelleeson GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    if you are unhappy with your product i would suggest ringing the place you purchased it from and telling them about it. tell them that you are particularly upset about it too.

4. HDW
    OP

Newcomer HDW Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Nah, it's not a dead pixel. It basically looks like a spec of dust.. but is actually a "scratch"

5. tjas

Member tjas The Gbatemp HRManager

Netherlands
    Send them an email and see how they react to your situation, I would base my decision on that.

6. reemixx

Newcomer reemixx Advanced Member

Australia
    You're the customer here and if you're not satisfied with something you've paid money for, you're more than entitled to let them know so they can do something about it.

Just be warned that it's guaranteed to be a hassle. More time waiting and stuff. If you have the patience for that, then go for it.

I suppose it depends on how much it bothers you.

7. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    It could be user inflicted. you have had it a few days after all.

Your DS is bound to get a little wear and tear anyways if you use it much. it is very hard to keep in perfect condition. hell, there is sweat stains around the d-pad of my ds.

If you are unhappy enough. send it back. It really depends on how much you care about it. Is it worth the bother? maybe it is for you.